Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew McWilliams and Smoke get 5 stars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      Have you seen any of the names I mentioned track?
      No I have not. And that's one reason I don't "pump them up" like the ones I mentioned. In my businesses I do get to hear a LOT of stories though. Heck, I'm friends with Courtney but have never seen her dogs work. If I ever get the chance then maybe I can pump them up as well. And I've told her that before. I have sent her number to a few people though.

By your screen name I'm assuming you have a dog? Maybe I can tag along with you sometime as well.

Comment

I love bucks with character and he's got plenty of it. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
          No I have not. And that's one reason I don't "pump them up" like the ones I mentioned. In my businesses I do get to hear a LOT of stories though. Heck, I'm friends with Courtney but have never seen her dogs work. If I ever get the chance then maybe I can pump them up as well. And I've told her that before. I have sent her number to a few people though.

By your screen name I'm assuming you have a dog? Maybe I can tag along with you sometime as well.
          Yes sir I do. 2 of them one 3 year old female and one 6 month old male. Female is **** good and still not sure how the male will turn out just now starting to figure it out. Neither one I would even consider in the same class as any of the names mentioned above. She is pretty good though and longest recovery was 3.5 miles (what she covered per gps) till she got him bayed up. She doesn't get as many tracks as she needs though.

Your more than welcome anytime and your pretty close. We have some exotics out here at the house so we can knock one down and watch her work.

Sorry OP to get off topic of your post. Very cool buck.

Comment

Matt and storm are not the only dogs out there. He is on my very short list.
            Matter of fact Matt only got the call because the guy I called first was not available and the more I thought about it I was sure the deer was going to be alive. I called the only one I have seen consistently catch wounded deer. Key words here are “ the only one I have seen”.

There are great weekend warrior dogs and bad professional dogs.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JJtomball View Post
              Matt and storm are not the only dogs out there. He is on my very short list.
              Matter of fact Matt only got the call because the guy I called first was not available and the more I thought about it I was sure the deer was going to be alive. I called the only one I have seen consistently catch wounded deer. Key words here are “ the only one I have seen”.

There are great weekend warrior dogs and bad professional dogs.

Cheers.

And that is a really cool looking deer, man. Glad y'all got him.

Comment

And that is a really cool looking deer, man. Glad y'all got him.

Thank you sir.
                Looks like it was an injury to the antler during velvet. No leg injuries. He was 5 or 6 based off teeth. He may have been a clean 8 next year, but the mature bucks on our place have been very elusive this year.
                When I saw him opening of rifle I knew he was mature. He was already run down when I killed him and looked to be 30-40lbs lighter than when I first saw him.

Comment

Great write up, even better buck

I have had the privilege to watch Jock find a deer for one of my friends son.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Your more than welcome anytime and your pretty close. We have some exotics out here at the house so we can knock one down and watch her work.
                    Yes! Let's do this for sure. It's more fun than hunting!

Comment

Yes! Let's do this for sure. It's more fun than hunting!
                      Sounds good! Hoping to get the young one on some live ones here in the next month or so and I def enjoy it more than hunting these days love watching those dogs work and would love to tag along with Matt one day.
                      Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 12-14-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

congrats to you and the dog

Comment

Working...
                        X