X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another perfect shot where the broadhead didn't do it's job

Comment

It happens.

The best thing to do is learn from the experience what you can to help reduce the chances it happens again.

Comment

I haven’t seen a good Rage thread in ages. I’m in.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          another perfect shot where the broadhead didn't do it's job

Comment

I dont get it? If he went 400 yards on a death run then died obviously the broadhead worked. Because you didn't find him it's the broadheads fault? What am I missing?
            Last edited by Mexico; 10-30-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Well I'm shocked

Comment

Originally posted by EastTxHog View Post
                I put a good shot with the rage chisel tip on a good spike buck. it did not pass through and found my arrow broken off about 50 yards from where I shot him covered in blood. after that there was not a drop of blood to be found we tracked for over three hours. It really tore me up it would have been my first bow kill for deer and all the time effort and money you put into it hate to see it squandered away with something like that. 2 days later the buzzerds where back in the brush about 400 yards away getting to him. Im not too sure what happened and I know a lot of people love rage but after that I will never use those again im going with a fixed broadhead like muzzy or montec.
                Were you in a pop up or elevated?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  I dont get it? If he went 400 yards on a death run then died obviously the broadhead worked. Because you did find him it's the broadheads fault? What am I missing?
                  The fact that the broad head had these 4 letters, RAGE, on the package.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    Nope. Grim Reaper is. They should be the only broadhead made really.
                    *Giggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
                      The fact that the broad head had these 4 letters, RAGE, on the package.
                      Ohhhhhh.... I see said the blind man

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
                        Were you in a pop up or elevated?

this does make a difference. elevated you usually get a nice low exit wound. a pop up through and through can be a little high so that the cavity fills with blood and not much comes out the holes. pretty much what happened with my buck this weekend. his chest was a blood pool.

Comment

You should have ran the buzzards off and investigated

I have shot things and found out after recovery that where I thought arrow hit was not where arrow hit in reality

Find a broadhead you have confidence in and get back after the critters

Hogs can be an excellent confidence builder

Comment

Matthews bow?

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                              this does make a difference. elevated you usually get a nice low exit wound. a pop up through and through can be a little high so that the cavity fills with blood and not much comes out the holes. pretty much what happened with my buck this weekend. his chest was a blood pool.
                              This is why I was asking. If the shot was made from an elevated position with no pass through a blood trail would be minimal. The only hole in the animal for blood to come out is on the high side.

Comment

It's always the arrow, never the Indian.

Comment

Working...
                                X