Porch for a travel trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    one of the guys on my place is a dealer for the synthetic stuff they use for boat docks and trailer bottoms

my deck has been there for four years, so I haven't needed any, but I'll see if he can get the stuff for less than retail.

it's really nice stuff, and the dirt just falls between the slats.

edit: I like this avatar better, but this is rob, or rod, or whoever posting.
    Courtney....er, Rod, er Rob........ If you talk to that guy, assuming the stuff he sells is TREX or something similar......ask him if he knows of anyone who's used it to re-floor a trailer! Not like a semi trailer, but like a 16' flatbed used to haul tractors, mowers, feeders, junk, stuff, and other things.......and how it worked please.

Thank you sir......er, ma'am......uh, wait.....what ??

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Courtney....er, Rod, er Rob........ If you talk to that guy, assuming the stuff he sells is TREX or something similar......ask him if he knows of anyone who's used it to re-floor a trailer! Not like a semi trailer, but like a 16' flatbed used to haul tractors, mowers, feeders, junk, stuff, and other things.......and how it worked please.

Thank you sir......er, ma'am......uh, wait.....what ??

It's not solid like trex -- it is hollow -- I'll find a picture of it.

It is commonly used for horse trailers, if that gives you any idea how well it will work for a utility trailer.

Comment

plastic pallets work great. if you know someone that works for the local budweiser distributor there pallets work great for a porch.. ill try and dig up some picutres..

Comment

shaft_slinger00
          plastic pallets work great. if you know someone that works for the local budweiser distributor there pallets work great for a porch.. ill try and dig up some picutres..
          That is what they use on my lease, looks like a pallet designed to hold 4 55 gallon drums. They wont let me have one

Comment

For mine I just laid a couple of landscaping timbers on the ground and then placed more crossways on top of them. Used some 6" long screws to tie them together. I think it is 4'X8' and is a heavy sumbuck. Kind of a rough surface but it is about 7 years old and still in pretty good shape because the lumber is treated. Perfect height for stepping into the trailer. Small step up to get on the porch and a small step to get in the trailer. Except when I forget to duck my dang fool head going through the door

Comment

Working...
            X