This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    I know several people that don't believe in God. And no....They don't care. No matter what you're not changing their mind. I worked for a guy that is an Athiest. He'd talk trash on God to your face. You know why he hates religion? Because of people exactly like the guys on this thread that have thrown in their two cents on Stephen Hawking. It's embarrassing really. People that take up for God aren't wrong in doing it. You just have to be careful with how you go about it.
    I agree in being careful about how it's done 100%. I'm not on board with keeping silent about him because those who need it don't care. I'm sure glad everyone around me didn't have that attitude when I was lost. Someone spoke up, and led me to make the most important decision of my life.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      I know several people that don't believe in God. And no....They don't care. No matter what you're not changing their mind. I worked for a guy that is an Athiest. He'd talk trash on God to your face. You know why he hates religion? Because of people exactly like the guys on this thread that have thrown in their two cents on Stephen Hawking. It's embarrassing really. People that take up for God aren't wrong in doing it. You just have to be careful respectful with how you go about it.
      Fify

Comment

I certainly hope that Stephen Hawking did know Jesus before he took his last breath. All I can do is hurt and be saddened for someone that dies, when it appears to be no evidence of salvation, but I really don't know anyways. I have an evangelistic heart and am not afraid to share the gospel. I am not concerned with offending someone, or hurting someone's self esteem, for the gospel is an offensive message to the natural man.

Comment

Well uh. That escalated quickly ...

Comment

Nvm
            Last edited by Grizz83; 03-15-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
              you too shane? i mean "insults to him fall onto me" is actual scripture. lol of course HE can handle himself. he is coming back as the lion of judea and he is going to stomp the ever living guts out of evil. the blood is going to be horse bridle high.

curt was halfcocked with his entire accusation. Christians dont need nurturing. they are already in the blood. im not the lukewarm type. im living by ezk 33 in blowing the horn because i see the sword coming.

just blow the horn. thats all. curt thinks i need shofar lessons because i dont tickle his ears in the way i blow that horn. now, my choices here are please shane and curt or obey GOD!

ill think it over but im guessing yalls clanny popular opinion will get kicked to the curb in what matters most to me. tough decision for sure. this could cost me tbh man of the year.
              So, it sounds like you don't like being called out and criticized in a very direct, tell-it-like-it is manner. It makes you feel attacked, and rather than listening to the criticism and considering the possibility that there could be some truths in it that might benefit you to pay attention to, you react by rejecting the criticism all together as well as the person who voiced it. That's understandable.

It's pretty much the same reaction folks (especially non-Christians) have when a person professing to be a Christian dances on the grave of a deceased non-believer. There's a humongous difference between sharing the Gospel in love and nailing it to a non-believer's forehead out of spite. Both methods involve imparting truth. One method actually fulfills it, and the other renders the truth irrelevant to the other party. Jesus definitely advocated speaking and sharing the truth, but he never advocated doing it in a manner that was basically an attack on another person.

I've certainly done it both ways in my time as well, brother. I regret the times I've done it wrong. I try to do it right more often. I never get it right all the time either. Just keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                People are wired differently. I would imagine he lived his life the way he wanted to.
                And that is what he should have done.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Can you show me in any of Christ’s interactions where he professed a person’s condemnation to Hell? Are we not to be Christ-like, isn’t that the very literal definition of Christian?

I feel grieved when anyone passes and denies gift of salvation. Clearly Hawking was aware, he denied it publicly.
                  Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  So, it sounds like you don't like being called out and criticized in a very direct, tell-it-like-it is manner. It makes you feel attacked, and rather than listening to the criticism and considering the possibility that there could be some truths in it that might benefit you to pay attention to, you react by rejecting the criticism all together as well as the person who voiced it. That's understandable.

It's pretty much the same reaction folks (especially non-Christians) have when a person professing to be a Christian dances on the grave of a deceased non-believer. There's a humongous difference between sharing the Gospel in love and nailing it to a non-believer's forehead out of spite. Both methods involve imparting truth. One method actually fulfills it, and the other renders the truth irrelevant to the other party. Jesus definitely advocated speaking and sharing the truth, but he never advocated doing it in a manner that was basically an attack on another person.

I've certainly done it both ways in my time as well, brother. I regret the times I've done it wrong. I try to do it right more often. I never get it right all the time either. Just keep trying.
                  Shane, thanks for statu so eloquently the message I was trying to convey on page 1
                  Last edited by Playa; 03-15-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                    People are wired differently. I would imagine he lived his life the way he wanted to.
                    Word - except ironically he prolly would rather have been able to speak without being wired to a computer microphone thing..

Wait what

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                      I am not a religious man. To those of you who are, if Hawking did not choose to accept Jesus before he died, where does he end up in the afterlife based on your beliefs? Genuinely curious.
                      I'm a Christian, but please don't confuse Christianity and what you referred to as "religion". Christianity is the following of God's holy word and the belief in Jesus as the savior. Religion is what people use to determine which organization they belong to.

That being said, the Bible is very clear. Those that choose not to accept Jesus perish to an afterlife of hell, darkness and ****ation. Those that accept Jesus spend eternity in Heaven with God the Father. I'm a sinner. I don't know how to live a perfect life. I guess I'm incapable. I just pray for God's grace and forgiveness. I'm too pretty for hell.

Comment

Very interesting thread for sure.. Some even more interesting beliefs and opinions... Sad to see. No wonder this country is so screwed up..

Mark3:28-30 could shed a little light on this subject. I see nothing to debate.

That's all I got..
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 03-15-2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Wow! I saw this thread had gone to several pages so I clicked on the last post button... read backwards a few posts... Looks like I've been missing a good 'un! I'm gonna go back to post 1 and read n catch up... back at cha in a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Very interesting thread for sure.. Some even more interesting beliefs and opinions... Sad to see. No wonder this country is so screwed up..

Mark:28-30 could shed a little light on this subject. I see nothing to debate.

That's all I got..
                            I’m not really sure that this applies but it is verses 28-30 from Mark 6

brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl. Then the girl gave it to her mother. When his disciples heard about it, they came and removed his corpse and placed it in a tomb.
                            Feeding 5,000
                            The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to Him all that they had done and taught.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I'm a Christian, but please don't confuse Christianity and what you referred to as "religion". Christianity is the following of God's holy word and the belief in Jesus as the savior. Religion is what people use to determine which organization they belong to.

That being said, the Bible is very clear. Those that choose not to accept Jesus perish to an afterlife of hell, darkness and ****ation. Those that accept Jesus spend eternity in Heaven with God the Father. I'm a sinner. I don't know how to live a perfect life. I guess I'm incapable. I just pray for God's grace and forgiveness. I'm too pretty for hell.
                              Thanks for your response. You got to my comment before I deleted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                                Thanks for your response. You got to it before I deleted it.
                                You had a good honest question and I answered it the best that I could from my own personal beliefs as a Christian.

Comment

Working...
                                X