Hoyt Maxxis Vs. Mathews Z7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoyt Maxxis Vs. Mathews Z7

I am a new bow hunter and I have been to the Bow store and shot both of these bows a couple of times now and I really just cannot decide between the 2.

I shoot both of them great and I really like both of them.

Any Help?
    Last edited by WesSol; 03-03-2010, 09:02 PM. Reason: Miss Spelling

Both are very good top of the line bows. Cant go wrong either way.

Comment

I was in the same situation. Both of them shot so well. I went with the Maxxis 31. It was just a better shooting bow imo. Here is my review of the two.

Comment

I never even picked up the Z7. Bought the Maxxis.

Comment

I shot both but went with the Maxxis due to dependability and versatility.

Comment

I haven't owned a Hoyt in some time........ is there still the problem with getting parts? I know it used to be that after a bow was 2 yrs old you had a hell of a time finding replacement parts even from Hoyt.

Comment

sounds like it's time for the 'ol coin toss

Comment

Mathews all the way. Have 3 of them and would not own anything else. But decision has to come down to what feels best to you. My wife and son also shoot Mathews. I have shot the Hoyts and me personally not a fan.

Comment

Hoyt all the way imo but i did shoot the z7 the other day and i do have to say it is a sweet bow.

Comment

eenie meenie miney moe

You can't go wrong with either one. I shot them both and though I like the looks of the Maxxis, I liked the feel of the Z7 better. I didn't buy either one but if I was going to buy one it would be the Z7. Tough choice to have but the good news is that you come out a winner either way you go.

Comment

Man you have chosen two great bows to choose between. Either bow will serve you well. I shoot a mathews myself but I have shot the maxxis and it is just as smooth as the Z7. I can't imagine anyone not being happy with either of these bows.

Comment

so far I have not had any problems getting any parts for the shop. May of had those issues in the past but Hoyt has come a long way with their customer service and parts.

Comment

Shoot both again, if you can't decide, flip a coin or draw names from a hat. Just my .02.

Comment

Maxis will have string and yoke problems, Mathews is the better company when warrenty is considered.

Comment

Man, a lot of people have been in this situation lately...I went with Z7 and haven't regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X