Found my new favorite fetching glue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found my new favorite fetching glue.

Some of you have probably already figured this out, but it's new to me. I always have trouble getting just the right amount of glue on my vanes and getting an even coat just ain't happening. That is, until today. I bought since Gorilla brand super glue, and it came with the standard nozzle on a plastic bottle, but if you take the whole lid off the bottle, like if you were going to refill it, it has a little brush. Let me tell you, applying glue with the brush has given me the cleanest, quickest fletching ever. I just put blazers on a dozen new easton axis shafts in under an hour and they look darn near prefect to me. The brush could be a tiny bit thinner, but works as it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I always wondered about that brush

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I always wondered about that brush

X2 I'll have to pick one up.

Comment

Does the gorilla super glue not expand like the original gorilla glue?

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
          Does the gorilla super glue not expand like the original gorilla glue?
          No

Comment

I'm going to have to give this a try

Comment

I will be trying the brush, been using loctite gel and gorilla brand both but not the brush in bottle

Comment

Good idea.

I use Loc-Tite gelt and cut a q-tip (can't be a hollow plastic one) in half at about a 45 degree angle. That gives me two "spreaders" to work with. Then I put about 4-5 drops down the vane and spread it with the q-tip. Nice even layer and prevents putting on too much glue. If glue is oozing out when clamped you used too much glue.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I use Loc tite gel. Run a small bead down the vane. Pat the vase of the vane on a paper towel to remove excess glue. Fletch the arrow.

Comment

I put the regular super glue gel on with their tip and then make a pass with a toothpick down the vane base to spread the glue evenly and wipe off the excess---gonna try the Gorilla stuff though.

Comment

I use the regular blue cap Gorilla super glue and really like it. Haven’t seen the one with the brush but that sounds easy! Thanks for the heads up

Comment

My dad just got something similar. It's called Mean Green (I think) and it has a brush application. He just refletched some arrows this weekend and really likes it

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a small artist's paintbrush for a little more control. The one on the Gorilla bottle worked okay, but it could have been just a tiny bit thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                              I'm thinking about getting a small artist's paintbrush for a little more control. The one on the Gorilla bottle worked okay, but it could have been just a tiny bit thinner.

Get your fingernail clippers and trim the brush--easy fix

Comment

Working...
                              X