Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help - what do you guys with WIDE feet do for boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help - what do you guys with WIDE feet do for boots?

Good evening:

I have a problem that I hope y'all can help me with. I wear a size 10.5 to 11 4E shoe. Yes, that's correct. EEEE = 4E. I can find casual and dress shoes without too much difficulty, but trying to find leather hunting or work boots has been a real problem. I've searched the internet without any luck. I've tried looking at the websites of all of the boot makers without any luck as well. I can wear rubber boots without any problems, but they don't offer the protection of a leather boot. Ideally, I'd love to find a pair of square toed, pull-on boots in my size and width (no steel toes needed). What do you guys with wide feet do for work and hunting boots? I know I'm not the only outdoorsman with wide feet out there in the world.

Until my wife wins the lottery and I can afford a custom boot maker, your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

I just typed 10 1/2 eeee boots in google and came up with Wolverine Floorhand Soft Toe for $89.00 shipped. I wear a 7 1/2 ee and buy mine online all the tome because nobody has wide widths in stock.

Comment

I where a 3-4e depending in boot maker
      Dan post hunter model boot comes in a 3e that works for me I where the steel toe version but all versions are waterproof and comfy removable insole priced about $150 for steel toe $120 for regular on amazon

Dan Post Boot Company markets and distributes men's, women's and children's footwear under the brands Dan Post, Dan Post Cowboy Certified, Laredo Western Boots, and Dingo 1969.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

I'm a 15 EEE and have been searching long and hard for snake boots but to no avail. I feel your pain!

Comment

I wear size 11 eee ariats that are stretched out to eeee or h width in slip on boots. In lace ups i go with 10-1/2 H with a composite toe. Very high instep and arches. Really sucks.

Comment

I wear 14 to 15 4E, I started checking with the stores and found that most are willing to order in the size you need, I don't go through them like I used to do I haven't bought any in about 5 yrs, but start asking I bet you'll find somebody to hook you up, last pair I got were twisted x composite toe, same price as in store.

Comment

Cut off a toe???

Comment

Look at Double H boots. They have wide sizes and thier wide widths are a lot wider than any other manufacturer I've tried.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think redwing has some decent boots. I would look online

Comment

I wear anywhere from 11 to 13's wide. I even see a difference between fit in the same size and model. Always have to try on multiple pairs when buying. No half sizes after 12. Never been able to mail order any footwear. Finding wide boots always helps get a good fit. Wish I could help, but all my life getting boots to fit has always been a crapshoot.

Comment

I wear EEEE in shoes but square toe boots EE fit well. Have you tried square toe boots?

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                        I'm a 15 EEE and have been searching long and hard for snake boots but to no avail. I feel your pain!
                        You won't find any.

I where Red Wings to get my 15 EEE. They're about the only place I can walk in and buy a pair of boots. That and they are the best work boots IMHO.

Comment

I wear EE and I have some Ariat Square Toe that I love...way roomier than other EE boots I tried on

Comment

JerryC, TXKronik, bklem, kornsqueezer, tex4k, fulmer34, rut-ro, double bogey, LFD2037, Goldeneagle, and Coach K:

Thank you very much for your advice and feedback. Based on your inputs, I've done more searching and found there is actually a Red Wing store here in town (Austin). I am going to go visit the store and see if they can help me out.

Again, many thanks to each of you. I'll provide a follow-up and let you know how I make out with my boot situation.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I wear 13EE Ariats. I pull out all of the insoles to get them to fit. I stand in them in a bath tub full of hot water to stretch them out to get them to fit when they are new. When I find boots that fit I generally buy try to buy a couple pairs. I have good luck with Danner hunting boots

My wife wears a womens size 12 she has the same problem with finding shoes.

My kids probably wont even be able to wear shoes when they get grown.

Comment

Working...
                              X