2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Let's start a Northwest Central Texas season Thread. I never know where to place our area geographically. It has been really green at our place West of Wichita most of the year. The results of the 2010-11 droughts should be narrowing now. Lots of quail for sure too.

Post Up some pics!

Be safe and Good luck

We will include, Hardeman, Baylor, Archer, Wilbarger, Clay, Montague, Foard ,Knox, Haskell, Throckmorton, Wise and anyone else up North.
    Last edited by Abcdj; 09-27-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Going to be really wet up there this weekend. That area has had some decent rain yesterday and today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Axe006 View Post
        Going to be really wet up there this weekend. That area has had some decent rain yesterday and today.

Yes Sir, 8 inches at our place.

Comment

yep! we got 5" in Henrietta the past 24 hours! hope they got the wheat field plowed and planted before all the rain got here!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Yes Sir, 8 inches at our place.
            Are you kidding me, we just planted all of our plots, 50 acres total, hope it did not all wash down beaver creek.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              Are you kidding me, we just planted all of our plots, 50 acres total, hope it did not all wash down beaver creek.
              I am hoping ours hasn't washed away too Roger. You guys will have to boat down Beaver to get in. Have yall put out any cameras? We haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                I am hoping ours hasn't washed away too Roger. You guys will have to boat down Beaver to get in. Have yall put out any cameras? We haven't.
                I have not put any cameras out, just got the feeders going a couple weeks ago, Jeff said 6 inches and counting, wow, i am sure glad I am not out there this weekend, you would need an airboat to get there, see yall late October.

Comment

Anybody have any luck?

Comment

None here. Deer were moving though. Just not the right ones.

Comment

None here. Deer were moving though. Just not the right ones.

Ditto. Saw deer, pigs, and turkeys. Had opportunities on a couple of does and a cull buck, but didn't feel the urge to let an arrow fly. Saw some pigs, but they saw me move and that was that. Saw turkeys. It was too wet to get into the pasture i wanted to hunt. Maybe next time.

Comment

We only had one hunter out. He shot a doe and saw a couple of nice 3.5 year old bucks. He killed a 16 button rattler. So keep your head on a swivel out there.

Comment

I live in Knox county and hunt in Baylor. Haven't been out to hunt yet but no bucks on cameras. They'll show up eventually.

Comment

Anyone out this weekend?

Comment

Yes and it’s hot tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X