• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need one more post to post a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Were there any traps set? Trapping is the main purpose for this sign and the sign has so be posted upon entry to the area where traps are set to give people enough time to get their pets under restraint. They would have to abide by state law. If there are traps they would have to check them daily.

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

I talked a to a hog hunter named Jim and he said he saw some hog traps out there. I didn't see any personally.

Also the amount that I'm out there. They are not out there daily...

That sign was posted onto the feeder by the way

Last edited by dukslayer69; 10-09-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
            I talked a to a hog hunter named Jim and he said he saw some hog traps out there. I didn't see any personally.

Also the amount that I'm out there. They are not out there daily...

That sign was posted onto the feeder by the way

hunt the trails going to it then

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

No deer haha already tried

No sign either

Comment

I spoke with the Corps of Engineers a month ago, and they stated there were outfits contracted to trap wild hogs on corps property. The corps been getting complaints to their office.
                I am really bummed about the non-resident hunting fees Texas charges. The fee for a non-resident is $315. Wow! That is expensive but I will pay it on Friday when I get paid. So I have been unable to hunt as of today.. Big downer! If anybody has any influence, please ask Texas to lower these fees to something more acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
                  I spoke with the Corps of Engineers a month ago, and they stated there were outfits contracted to trap wild hogs on corps property. The corps been getting complaints to their office.
                  I am really bummed about the non-resident hunting fees Texas charges. The fee for a non-resident is $315. Wow! That is expensive but I will pay it on Friday when I get paid. So I have been unable to hunt as of today.. Big downer! If anybody has any influence, please ask Texas to lower these fees to something more acceptable.
                  I think it's less than most other states...I know Arkansas is $350.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
                    Heck! Texas is nice as can be to non residents. All the other states REALLY screw over non residents. Try being able to draw lass than 10 percent of the tags and then having to pay 600 or more bucks for a tag.

Comment

Try Oklahoma, 280 for archery, another 280 for rifle, another 280 for muzzleloader. If you want to shoot a turkey, you have to buy another hunting liceance and a turkey tag. Will make you wish for the Texas fee that includes all game and weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                        Try Oklahoma, 280 for archery, another 280 for rifle, another 280 for muzzleloader. If you want to shoot a turkey, you have to buy another hunting liceance and a turkey tag. Will make you wish for the Texas fee that includes all game and weapons.
                        exactly !!! if 300.00 bucks is to much for someonen to pay for a non resident fee then maybe they need another hobby like hunting in their home state

Comment

Going to be hunting hard on the 16th and 17th. I need meat in the freezer. Gonna try some of those super secret spots that everyone talks about ...I think you have to be at least 25' up a tree for the deer not to detect you. They walk around looking up. Has anyone been up Denton creek lately? How far west of 377 can you get by boat now? Godum

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

I was up there running the creek in early teal season and I got up pretty far from the boat ramp from trophy club park. I would assume you could keep going all the way up past 377

Comment

Originally posted by godum View Post
                              Going to be hunting hard on the 16th and 17th. I need meat in the freezer. Gonna try some of those super secret spots that everyone talks about ...I think you have to be at least 25' up a tree for the deer not to detect you. They walk around looking up. Has anyone been up Denton creek lately? How far west of 377 can you get by boat now? Godum

I will be out all day friday thru sunday for the first time this season, I plan on all day sits and a lil scouting around, I wanna find Larry's magical big buk paradise. where do you plan on starting and what deer

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                                I will be out all day friday thru sunday for the first time this season, I plan on all day sits and a lil scouting around, I wanna find Larry's magical big buk paradise. where do you plan on starting and what deer
                                ill be out saturday and sunday. Gonna go where i whacked them last year

Comment

Working...
                                X