New f250 lariat. What are y'all paying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
    I don’t see how how that math works unless you expect to make vehicle payments your entire life. As soon as you get a vehicle like that paid off, the repairs are still minuscule compared to what you make in payments per year. These trucks going for 60k carry a payment of at least 1200 a month over 5 years. That’s a mortgage payment on a small home or land. Those payments alone are 14,400 per year in vehicle expense. Massive repairs may cost this much, but those repairs are not necessary every year on a vehicle with under 150,000 miles. A truck payment is a guaranteed expense. You’re assuming that you are going to have about a 3500 repair bill every quarter at minimum, which just doesn’t normally happen on a truck.

Example: 1) I have a new truck that I pay for with zero issues. That truck is going to cost me around 14k that year if I buy something in the $60k range.

2) I have a truck/vehicle that is paid off and the transmission blows. I spend $10k-13k out of pocket for replacement.

You still spend less money out of pocket with a major mechanical failure on a paid off vehicle than you do making payments.

Edit: I’m not trying to say don’t go get the truck. If you want it, get it. Heck, I pay $900 a month for my wife’s Yukon that I never really drive.
    This is absolutely true. The problem is that most (not all) people can not come up with $13-15k for a truck repair even if the truck is paid for. The American public isn't wired like that anymore. The $1000 that is saved when the truck payment ends is spent on something else, not saved.

That being said, I haven't had a truck payment in 6 years but I am thinking real hard about getting a new one. Just can't decide between the Ford or a Dirtymax to replace this old 7.3.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      This is absolutely true. The problem is that most (not all) people can not come up with $13-15k for a truck repair even if the truck is paid for. The American public isn't wired like that anymore. The $1000 that is saved when the truck payment ends is spent on something else, not saved.

That being said, I haven't had a truck payment in 6 years but I am thinking real hard about getting a new one. Just can't decide between the Ford or a Dirtymax to replace this old 7.3.
      Ford. I was going back and forth between the Duramax and Stroke when I bought my F-350. The new L5P was having too many issues to feel comfortable with it, so I was looking for a leftover LML. I made the mistake of driving the F-350, and that was it. The next day I placed my order for exactly the truck I wanted. I’ve been a diehard Chevy guy my whole life.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
        My sticker was $77,000 and some
        Would really like to know which dealer this came from,
        that came off sticker 15k. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
          [ATTACH]891380[/ATTACH]
          Bought this F-350 LWB King Ranch for $62,400 in Madisonville
          Looks like Madisonville

Comment

Bought my f250 in 2008, V-10 gas, I only have 60,155 miles on it as of today, walked out for $32,000.00, looked at new ones other day here in Sherman, with everything I have on mine to get a new one was $69,000.00, so guess I will keep driving this one till it falls apart

God Bless
            Bish
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
              Man that is a hell of a deal, how did you get them 15k off of MSRP. The best ive seen is 10-11k off of Msrp
              Wow! Not to derail but did anyone ever imagine a few years ago saying $62k for a truck is a “hell of a deal?” Bought a new duramax work truck two years ago and my mind was blown with a couple upgrades and it was significantly cheaper but Dang it knocked my socks off. It’s really insane when you think about it. Imagine what they’ll cost in another 5 years, yikes!
              Last edited by fbchunter; 01-09-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                Just purchased a 2017 F250 crew cab lariat 6.7

All the bells and whistles

Sticker was $69,???

Got them down to $58,800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Where did you buy at?

Comment

Originally posted by slomo View Post
                  my cousin has a 16 f350 still making payments and his engine blew 8000 miles out of warranty. Cost him $18k to have the motor replaced. Now he has a $1k truck payment and a $18k repair bill.
                  How'd he blow his motor at 8,000?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                    How'd he blow his motor at 8,000?
                    It was 8000 miles beyond warranty coverage

Comment

It was 8000 miles beyond warranty coverage
                      OOOHHH! Right....reading is hard!

But still, at 42k miles? Just trying to learn from others trials so I can avoid it.

Comment

diesels have a 100k warranty if im not mistaken...or that's what the dealer told me

Comment

New engine from ford is $16k before labor
                          He got had

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                            He got had
                            Guess so. I’m sure you know a guy who knows a guy who can do it for $20

Comment

I would say that most everyone that buys a brand new truck is buying because they WANT a new truck. You can justify it a million different ways if you want to convince yourself to buy a new truck. But there is absolutely no way you can convince me that a vehicle is anything more than an expense that you will never recoop the money spent on it. I was told a long time ago by a gentleman with a lot more money than most that you should never finance a vehicle unless That vehicle is 100 percent responsible for at least 2x its monthly expense in profit for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
                                Lol. I hear u
                                My client had an all white KR. He had to get it in Louisiana. It was great until it got stolen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X