Invest 92L (Gulf of Mexico)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invest 92L (Gulf of Mexico)

I am leaving for vacation for Gulf Shores Saturday for vacation but looks like I am going to cancel. The probability is high for a tropical system to be effecting travel between the upper Texas coast and Gulf Shores during that time period. Glad we got travel insuarance.

Latest Euro model has it coming ashore just west of Sabine Pass as a hurricane. A little too close to home so would need to stay home to prepare.

Keeping a close eye on this one. Hopefully others will post up some maps shortly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last I seen it was coming in west of New Orleans, guess I'll have to pay more attention but west of Sabine keeps us on the dry side.

Comment

Johnny

we have a house rented next week from Sunday to Sunday between Gulf Shores and Ft. Morgan. is it going to be a total Wash out. When Does it show coming in?

thanks for any info. Don't think we had insurance on ours

Comment

Man I hope it doesn't hit Sabine Pass. That's right over the top of us.. I guess I better get prepared just incase.

Comment

Dang. If it stays true to the projections it'll be our first rumble with a hurricane since moving to Houston.

In your next of the woods so will have to somewhat prepare also

Comment

Please stay west, I have a new boat that I need to break in.

Comment

We are supposed to go offshore out of Galveston on Sat. It keeps looking worse and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Dang. If it stays true to the projections it'll be our first rumble with a hurricane since moving to Houston.

In your next of the woods so will have to somewhat prepare also
                Meh, you're in the Woodlands, you'll be fine! Typically you guys don't get it as severely as those closer to the coast, although that does not downplay that the Woodlands has and does receive damage from tropical systems. And if it comes in around Port Arthur or so, you'll be on the clean side of the storm and hopefully just get a few outer bands. Either way, prepare now and make sure you have the essentials. Good luck to y'all on riding out your first storm, if it comes in!

Comment

In. Not liking the trends I'm hearing so far. Bene putting off the prep... time to fire up the generator and stock up on gas.

Comment

Latest model looks ugly for home. Would love to see this fizzle out!

Comment

Can anyone post the links they use to observe models?

Comment

We will be at the Frio, might have to extend our stay

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Can anyone post the links they use to observe models?
                          X2

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            We are supposed to go offshore out of Galveston on Sat. It keeps looking worse and worse.
                            Ya I think I’d go ahead and reschedule
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is just something to watch for now and act accordingly over the coming days. I'm in Conroe so a 45 mph wind gusts can turn the lights out quick because of all the pine trees up here. The same could be said with The Woodlands area. Not saying this will happen, just a scenario if this gets close to us.

I am thinking about cancelling vacation because our past 2 summer vacations along the coast involved tropical systems which in turn made for a lot of doing nothing. lol I don't feel like driving 10 hours to sit in a beach house with rainy weather nor do I feel like driving in it, especially if it is a tropical storm or hurricane.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X