Vortex viper is blurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex viper is blurry

Put a vortex viper 4×16×50 on my ar 10, sighted it in today and it's very clear up to about 10 power. Past that it gets blurry and at 16 u cant even really see. The eye relief is screwed all the way in and doesn't help. Is the scope a dud, if under 10 it is super clear. Thanks

It shouldnt be blurry... I'd call Vortex. If it's defective they will replace or repair it

Comment

I bought it from academy, should I just return it for another one

Comment

I have 2 cheaper Vortex scopes (Crossfire)and they get blurry in low light. Bright light is fine but very disappointed in them.
        I know that does not really answer your question but maybe you need to adjust the front fine tune adjustment of the scope as you bring up the power level.

Comment

For 6 Bill's, it's pretty disappointing. Might just swap it for a leauplod.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
            For 6 Bill's, it's pretty disappointing. Might just swap it for a leauplod.

You got a screwed up one. Go get another or send it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you tried adjusting the parallax? It will make a bigger difference at higher powers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If that's the eye relief, then yes. It's all the way in now. If I turn it out it just gets worse. Gonna go back to academy when I get home tomorrow from the lease and probably return it for a leauplod vx3i 4x14x50

Comment

My viper is blurry at higher magnification

Comment

Guess you get to find out about their top-notch warranty now like everyone else.

Comment

I had some vortex binos. After 2 years they were terrible to look out of. I called them and the guy I talked to told me he recommends people send their glass in once a year after season to be gone through.

I sent it in and they fixed it but I don't have time for that every year... I bought swaros

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                        If that's the eye relief, then yes. It's all the way in now. If I turn it out it just gets worse. Gonna go back to academy when I get home tomorrow from the lease and probably return it for a leauplod vx3i 4x14x50
                        No. Eye relief is eye relief. What you’re adjusting for eye relief is the diopter. The parallax adjustment is on the left side and basically looks like a turret with hashes or yardage marks on it. Try that. While I do think returning it is in your best interest, the scope may be ok. If you need anymore help, post pics and I can show you or PM me your number and I’ll text ya.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          I had some vortex binos. After 2 years they were terrible to look out of. I called them and the guy I talked to told me he recommends people send their glass in once a year after season to be gone through.

I sent it in and they fixed it but I don't have time for that every year... I bought swaros
                          My Vortex binos are blurry now too. Guess I need to send them in but I went ahead and bought a pair of Leupold to replace them. I also have a Viper scope so hoping it doesnt do the same thing. Dont think I'll be buying Vortex again.

Comment

leaupold is the way to go

Comment

Just got home from returning the vortex back to academy. Got the leaupold vx3i 4.5 x14x50. Price matched it and got another 20 percent cause it was the display. I have 2 of these scopes on my deer rifles already so I know they are good. No gonna order me a mount for it and have to sight it in all over again. Think I'm done with vortex, that was the first scope and gonna be the last.

Comment

Working...
                              X