No announcement yet.

RIP Ross Perot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did have a huge negative impact on Texas education . . Nothing but test material taught anymore . . Tests don't mean anything
    Yes, Perot and Mark White started the downward trend in Texas Public Education!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      He was the reason we had Bill Clinton as our President.

RIP
      Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      Yep, handed Clinton the office
      RIP
      And the jerk knew he was handing the presidency to Clinton who only got 44% of the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        I was freakin 18, not the stupidest thing I did at that age. At least I had enough sense to actually vote.
        very true feel like a lot of young people don't feel that excitement anymore about voting. my first election I was eligible for I couldn't wait to go vote

Comment

My grandfather had a few different dealings with HRP. I heard him say on more than one occasion what a fine man he was to deal with from a business and personal perspective, as well as what a ****ty decision it was for him to run in the '92 election.

RIP

Comment

[QUOTE=Arrowslinger1;14236428]Yep it made Bush Sr a 1 term President![/QUOTE

If he voted for Perot in Texas I am quite certain his vote did not make Bush a 1-termer. :-)

Comment

He's the reason why I didn't get to play football after all of August sweating at 2-a-days. No pass no play sure sucked back then but it was a necessary change. RIP

Comment

Yes, he taught me to never vote 3rd party.

You may really dislike both of the guys with the R & the D behind their names, but pick one, because the 3rd guy is just robbing votes from one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  And the jerk knew he was handing the presidency to Clinton who only got 44% of the vote.
                  In my college US history class my professor would give extra credit if you caught her saying something wrong. She said no President had been voted in with less than 50% of the vote. I said, "you ever heard of Slick Willy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                    Yep it made Bush Sr a 1 term President!
                    Im sure a receding economy and a broken tax promise had nothing to do with Bush1 being a single termer

Comment

He's been a great Texan. R.I.P. Mr. Perot.

Comment

“Here’s the deal”😄. RIP

Comment

Worked for them way back when, no complaints here RIP

Comment

Always enjoyed Dana Carvey’s impression of him on SNL. Here’s an example with Phil Hartman as Larry King

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I wish you didn't

Every vote for Perot was a vote for Clinton.

Not your fault though.

You're right, at least you voted.
                              Actually, not in Texas. A vote for Perot that year really had no effect on the election in Texas. Texas was still won by Bush in 1992 and Dole in 1996, therefore the electoral college gave their votes to the Republican winner of that state. So, technically, his vote for Perot was not a vote for Clinton. Perot did not carry any states and therefore did not receive any electoral college votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                Im sure a receding economy and a broken tax promise had nothing to do with Bush1 being a single termer
                                Dividing the conservative vote absolutely helped it though. Either way. Perot was a good man. RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X