No announcement yet.

Vortex viper is blurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to read these reports. I’ve loved my vortex binos and they’re probably 7-8 years old now. I guess if they go blurry eventually I know what to do.

Comment

If you're going to spend over $500 for a scope, get one with a good, long-term reputation like Leupold.

My Vortex Diamondback sucks in dawn/dusk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        If you're going to spend over $500 for a scope, get one with a good, long-term reputation like Leupold.

My Vortex Diamondback sucks in dawn/dusk.

You thought a $200 scope was going to be great dawn/dusk compared to $500+ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

A $200 Leupold is 10x better at dusk than a Vortex anywhere near the same price. I would throw mine in the trash but they are decent in good light condition but the dusk and dawn is where you do much of your shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
            A $200 Leupold is 10x better at dusk than a Vortex anywhere near the same price. I would throw mine in the trash but they are decent in good light condition but the dusk and dawn is where you do much of your shooting.

I’ll agree to disagree. I have $100 up to the high end zeiss, leupold, and swaro. For that $200-600 range it’s hard to beat what you get from Vortex. A plus if you hunt a lot like we do if you tear it up they will fix it. I’ve had some pretty good run arounds from Leupold on eye piece issues.

Comment

All of my other rifles have leaupold scopes on them. Got the vortex just to try something different. That was a mistake. Lol

Comment

Dont know why it keeps spelling it leaupold, suppose to say leupold. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                  Just got home from returning the vortex back to academy. Got the leaupold vx3i 4.5 x14x50. Price matched it and got another 20 percent cause it was the display. I have 2 of these scopes on my deer rifles already so I know they are good. No gonna order me a mount for it and have to sight it in all over again. Think I'm done with vortex, that was the first scope and gonna be the last.
                  Whee did you price match from?

Comment

I just type in Google the type of scope and find the cheapest one I can. This time Amazon had it for 499. So 499 plus 20 percent off for it being the display, came out to 379 for a 599 starting price. Not bad for a vx3i 4.5x14x50 leupold.

Comment

Just one more reason to steer clear of vortex

Comment

Man I used to get piled on here for hating vortex. Now look!!

I will say their razor line is great glass. Just heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Man I used to get piled on here for hating vortex. Now look!!

I will say their razor line is great glass. Just heavy.

I won’t buy one.

Comment

I have owned a few Vortex products and all have needed “warranty work”...While they do fix the problem I am not a fan of a company that is known for a great warranty.....I would rather have a great product to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

While I won't compare a $200 Vortex to a $500+ Leupold, I will compare it to my 3 other $200 Nikons that have had excellent dawn/dusk light transmission. Bottom line, I believe Vortex is an "Ok" scope but is mostly marketing hype and nowhere near the quality off other offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                                Have you tried adjusting the parallax? It will make a bigger difference at higher powers.

That's what I would have said

Comment

Working...
                                X