Ken Moody badly Gored by Hog in Tenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken Moody badly Gored by Hog in Tenn

Outfitter guide & Lodge owner ken Moody of Clark Range TENN is in critical condition after being mauled and gored by hog on his Clark Range Boar Hunting reserve in Clarkrange Tenn

He was guiding bowfolks from G-5 when something went wrong

a 265# hog attacked a client and Ken Rushed in and the boar took Ken and about killed him

Hog bit thru his his leg cuts 5 inches Long and 2 1/2" ; deep and then broke his leg in 3 places below the knee.

Someone finally killed the 265# hog Ken Moody was unconscious and they got him out he had to let the leg drain for 3 days before they could patch him up.

Apparently Ken wasn't packing a sidearm. Ken runs the largest hog huntignOperation in the USA and one of the largest African bowhunting operation in south Africa called Ken Moody safaris (KMS)

Ken was a capt in the US Army Armour Corps a Tanker.

Ken was my House guest in Africa and quite a gentlemen and good hunter.

We all wish Ken speedy recovereries

point

Never trust a wild Animal

Always carry" protection" when dealing with dangerous game. sidearm work when logn gun fail...

never trust a wild animal

Tink

Prayers sent for Ken.

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

Here is Kens account of the event from bowsite.com

Thanks for all the positive emails. I appreciate it. Yes, I was attacked and hospitalized by a boar on 1 May. It was not a pleasant experience. Roger has most of the story correct. We were making a new DVD and I was taking Burley Hall into Pennycuff Ford (a specific area at the lodge) and the incident occurred. We had already chased this boar for over an hour and he had already once chased me around a few trees before escaping. When we finally got him into Pennycuff I told Burley to stay close and we would kill this hog. Well, as soon as we approached and were seen by the hog, he charged going past me and hitting Burley who fell into a brushpile. The boar was trying to get on top of Burley who kept him away by kicking at him. I was right there and kept telling Burley to get up as I feared he might be gutted or have his throat cut while on the ground. My yelling at Burley brought the hog to me. He charge and hit him in the right knee driving his tusk into the joint and ripping down towards the calf. I turned to run and he flipped me over and started again. As I got up he hit me in the back of my left thigh making a deep, painful cut and also cut me across the left shin. I also rec'd a bite in my chest. The hog was unrelenting and came again. I couldn't stand up anymore and as he charged I grabbed his right ear with both hands and screamed for help. My dogs grabbed the hog on the flanks and I held onto his ear but had no strength at this point. I was screaming again for someone to help me but no one knew what to do. Finally, I yelled at a guy who grabbed the hog by the tail and with that and me holding the ear Burley was able to put two arrows into the hog at point blank which killed him. I then called Johnny on the radio who called an ambulance and got me out of there even though I passed out enroute. Once in the hospital I was taken to surgery where the wounds were cleaned and allowed to drain. The following evening I was returned to surgery to have the wounds stapled and stitched and to have my knee scoped and repaired. I have three broken bones in my right knee with some floating bone chips. I stayed in the hospital until Saturday and once home suffered until Wednesday when I finally starting feeling better. I can walk with a walker or crutches but fear I may be hobbled for quite some time. I am getting better though.

Ken Moody

Comment

Prayers sent for a quick recovery.

Comment

Thanks he is a tough guy

But he should have carried a heavy sidearm for his clients protection. Sad

tink

Comment

OUCH!!! Prayers sent for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Prayers sent and glad everybody made it out alive, exept the big pig.

Comment

Prayers sent...

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                    Finally, I yelled at a guy who grabbed the hog by the tail and with that and me holding the ear Burley was able to put two arrows into the hog at point blank which killed him.
                    One critter with a bad attitude. Glad he's alive to tell the story.

Comment

Hence the reason I bought an M8.

If I can only remember to carry it.

Get well, dude!
                      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Think about Burley... about being in his shoes... i'm the guy holding a drawn bow... trying to stick a pig in the heart... that has a guy pinned down on the ground, who oh by the way happens to be holding on to the pigs ear...in close proximity to the location I need to shoot... and somebody else is trying to hold a 250+ pound porker by the tail... WOW... Glad it all worked out ok.. but I **** sure hear banjo music in the back ground of this picture in my head!! If ya get pass through, the guy on the ground could be in worse shape!!

Comment

Them hogs are bad news. A few years ago a couple of my buddies were hunting hogs near Ray Roberts. Came up on one and shot it w/a 30-06, twice. Hog was a 300+ lb sow. They walked up to it and it wasn't dead. It knocked one of them down and grabbed him by his coveralls and slung him around like a rag doll. He tried to shoot it again but it was on him too fast. The other guy was afraid to shoot in fear of hitting his friend. After a minute of being slung around and beating on the hog w/a gun, the other guy finally got a clear shot off w/the 06 to kill it.

Believe it or not, I got eat up by javi's about 6 or 7 years ago. Had an arrow in one and went in the brush after him. Thick stuff. Ended up being 7 or 8 of them attacking me when the wounded one started squealin'. Scaredest I've ever been. Ended up w/$800 worth of stitches from the Alice hospital. And them were only 50 lb critters. Couldn't imagine a 250-300 lb'er getting ahold of me...........

Hope for a speedy recovery for Ken. Sounds like he is well on his way.........

Comment

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery, hang in there! Prayers are on their way!

Comment

prayers sent!

Comment

Working...
                              X