No announcement yet.

2012 Lake Grapevine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I didn't get drawn this year and wanted to throw this out there to ya'll. I have a Summit Viper Classic climbing stand for sale in the classifieds section. I used for last season at the vine and thats all. Just FYI. thanks

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm new in the area so please forgive me for asking:

Budman, where is the grassy area by 377 and the trailer park?

Bulletpusher, I'm not familiar with unit 21 and 22, can you give me any more information?

Also, last time I hunted rabbits was in canada. Is it better to hunt them in the morning, afternoon, evening? and since they are non game animals, can they be hunted at night? lights?
      Look up LBJ National Grasslands. Located north of Decatur TX. Office is off Hwy 287 @Hwy 380 in Decatur. Buy a map there for $10. FYI- Most public lands don't allow hunting at night. even though they are non-game animals.

Comment

My neighbor put a trail cam up Friday evening and went tthis morning to pull the card and someone had taking the card out. ***!!!
        Guess he is lucky they left the camera but still.........

Comment

I hate that you cant leave a camera out there....dang thieves

Comment

Are there any oak trees on grapevine?? I did a little exploring yesterday for the 1st time, and didn't see a single oak...just a lot of pecans. Maybe I was just in the wrong area...

Comment

We where out there Saturday morning on the south end of 377 down the old school rd. We pick up 68 hulls 12 and 20 ga. before we made to the first creek , also water bottles ,Taco casa cups .Some poeple just don't take care of our FREE hunting land .

Comment

There are some really big oaks an native pecans if you know where to look. I hunted a set of oaks out there one season and saw deer every sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brushpopper View Post
                  We where out there Saturday morning on the south end of 377 down the old school rd. We pick up 68 hulls 12 and 20 ga. before we made to the first creek , also water bottles ,Taco casa cups .Some poeple just don't take care of our FREE hunting land .
                  Thanks for picking stuff up, Brushpopper. I'm going to buy me a roll of trashbags today and put them in my truck so I remember to take one with me so I can pick up trash too when I'm walking back out. Some people are never gonna care but enough people do, it can make a small difference anyway.

I was out there sunday walking and exploring. I found somebody's extention ladder nicely hidden. Had a chuckle about what a pain it must have been to pack that all the way to where I found it.

How is the turkey out there? I've seen almost no sign of them. I finally found a spot that one had been dusting. But it looked not to have been used in a good long while. No fresh tracks, no new feathers... Are there just too many 'yotes out there for there to be any turkey?

Comment

Well we checked cameras and came up with nada ...did have a couple coons and these two critters..

Smile your on candid camera...LOL
                    Attached Files

Comment

Are there just too many 'yotes out there for there to be any turkey?
                      You got it.

Comment

The Vine is over run with venomous snakes!

Over the years I've seen 2 big timber rattlers, 2 cottonmouths, and a copperhead.

Too bad there are no deer out there...

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                          The Vine is over run with venomous snakes!

Over the years I've seen 2 big timber rattlers, 2 cottonmouths, and a copperhead.

Too bad there are no deer out there...
                          man we have seen the snakes this year!!!!

Comment

Do these texas deer prefer to eat pecans?? I have heard they will eat them, but have never witnessed it, and I didn't think it was a preferred food source.

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                              man we have seen the snakes this year!!!!
                              Man I must be scouting the wrong areas. I am not seeing any sign of deer or snakes. I guess when I get into the snakes I will where everyone else is hunting.

Comment

I haven't seen pecan shells in the scat out there but pecans have more calories per oz than even acorns do so I would bet they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X