limb twists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limb twists

I was lookin at bows on ebay again. Found a TD fred bear it says "THERE IS A ABOUT 1/8 INCH TWIST TO THE BOTTOM LIMB, BUT ITS SO MINOR I THINK YOU CAN HEAT AND GET IT OUT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM!!!!! " Is that possible to fix easy or not worth doing? where is the link in case you wanna see it for yourself

Thanks
    Ronnie

one should fix it with out to much problem.

Comment

How??????????

Comment

a hair dryer.
        chris Kiefner

Comment

hmm interesting..........

Comment

Yep, they can be twisted back to somewhat alligned.

Go careful if you use a hair dryer though. Better to use hot water, I think. I didn't even use heat on the one I straightened. Just twist in the opposing direction and leave strung when not shooting. It'll sometimes correct itself if it's not too bad.

Comment

I've used a hair dryer before.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm waiting to see how high it goes and how much money I can get to buy a bow if its that one or a diff one.
                Ronnie

Comment

How do you determine if the limbs are twisted and past the point of no return?

Comment

if it looks like it would propel an airplane better than it would an arrow its past the point of no return. 65#s you are the man, too much bow for me

Comment

well 65 is a lil much for me also but not enough that I cant get there. I went to a shop in Durango yesterday and they had a few. I pulled 65 lbs on one wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. With my job I have to work out a bit to keep in some kinda decent shape,( I try not to have to get into it with these guys unless I have no other choice) the more I think about it 55 lbs would be better though I dont wanna develop bad habits for with to hard a pull............I can shoot probly 10 arrows or so at 65 then have to stop for a bit.

Comment

At some point in time, the heavier weight will ususally take it's toll on your body...i.e. fingers, elbow or shoulder(s). Keep that in mind. Mid 50's would be just fine for anything in Co. (except maybe an angry or hungry Griz.).

Good luck.

Doug Key

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                          if it looks like it would propel an airplane better than it would an arrow its past the point of no return.
                          Yep, right about there...

Comment

well it didnt happen. went over my budget, so someone else can work on the twist lol

Comment

Working...
                            X