Congrats!

Comment

Any word on goat pics?

Comment

Suspense is killin me

Comment

Dang it I'm antsy!

Comment

Saw this thread about 10-15 minutes after he said he got him. Keep coming back for LDP’s

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Very spotty service all day.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Day two of the hunt was amazing. There were antelope in sight for most of the day. After the end of day one I moved the blind closer to the water which seemed to make a big difference. I was covered up in cows, 42 in all, the entire hunt. This seemed to play to my advantage since they were all over my blind and on three sides of the pond. The only area they left open for any other animal to possibly drink was 20-25 yards from my blind. This would be where most of the antelope would drink. The bucks were skittish for the most part and would tease me by walking around and acting like they wanted to come in. I would pass on the 40 yard shot just knowing that one would come to the water at 25. These animals have extremely keen eyesight so I decided to keep the mesh up in all of the windows of the blind. In the past I have shot through the mesh with slick tricks but never a mechanical. I thought I had some in my bow case but discovered I only brought mechanicals. Everything I read said this particular broad head could be shot through the mesh. Can you guess where this story is going?? As I am contemplating the whole mesh scenario I notice a nice buck approaching the water. He is going to come straight in. I can't believe it is going to be this easy. I draw back and release an arrow. Apparently the broadhead opened because it appeared to be flying sideways and hit near the Bucks feet. He was spooked but not as bad as I thought. He moseyed around but hung in the area a long time. Eventually he disappeared. As time goes by I can believe I shot through the netting. I took it down and closed most of the windows which limited my shots. I felt this was my only option. Then it hit me.... grrr.. my stomach was killing me! Massive stomach cramps and I had to go bad. As I unzipped the blind to go, I notice that same buck plus one more bedded about 150 yards away. Luckily they were looking the other way so I zipped the blind back up. I couldn't risk wasting all day in a blind and blowing this opportunity. I figured he must be real thirsty and would surely try to come in to drink. I can't go out but what do I do? By now my pants are around my ankles and I'm in a panic. I decide my only option is to crap in the corner of the blind! Relief at last! Now I have a serious problem. A big pile of stinky crap is in the corner of my blind. I'm about to choke. I had a pic axe in the blind so I begin to dig a hole to bury it. Not a great job with the hard dirt clods but at least I can't see it. I still smells bad. I'm thinking that this is both funny and sad at the same time. I pour a bottle of scent killer on my project and decide to make the best of a crappy situation. The buck is still there and has apparently lost all sense of smell. Maybe all of the cows crapping helped me out. As the hours go by, a few does come to drink. Once the buck sees this he strolls right in for what would be his last drink.... I draw back, pick a spot, gently squeeze and release the arrow. As you can tell from the pics, the rest is history. Once I recovered him I notice two nontypical points on the back of his head which were icing on the cake. I guess I learned a few things from this hunt. One is to be patient, two is don't shoot a mechanical through mesh regardless of what anyone says, and 3 scent killer does not destroy 99 percent of all human odor!!!

Comment

Ha, Victory! Congrats good right up also. lol that’s hard core droppin a deuce in the blind

Comment

Awesome, congrats on the kill!!!!

Comment

Great lope and congrats on a successful hunt. Next time take you some plastic bags to shat in or something so you can set it just outside the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X