416# Boar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    416 pounds. LOL Who has a scale that goes over 300# where you can read it to the nearest pound?
    Big game scales are common 440 & 550lbs , I just placed order on eBay for this one.

Comment

this one was 285. I’m sitting back to make it look 400 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Always amazed at how many people never actually weighed their 200, 300, 400, 500 pound pigs...

Comment

Said the Gregg County Game Warden posted it on their FB page...you think they may have had a way to verify ## especially if it is going to be considered as a state record?

Comment

This ^^^

Comment

Agree with above ,Why doubt it? Gregg Co game warden posted this to there site, guessing they have reason to believe

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                [ATTACH]878105[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]878106[/ATTACH]

I truly believe 90% of people over guesstimate on the weight of pigs. How much do y'all think this pig weighs? I'll post up a pic of the scale after we get some answers.
                I say 235

Comment

That thing looks like a buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                    Same issue here, you're considerably behind the pig making it look artificially larger than it is.
                    Wrong. My left hand is on his back.

Comment

"The huge porker REPORTEDLY weighed-in @ 416 lbs." emphasis mine. That's from the game warden post.

I could see how he may have weighed that much. Maybe. But I weighed a pig with a pic on the scale one time and you guys were giving me grief about whether or not the scale was calibrated. LOL

I'm really curious to the actual weight is all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

state record? Didn't know they had that for pigs.

Killed a 350+ AND this one looks smaller

Comment

Nobody is safe posting a pig's weight on this site. Gonna be called a liar right out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Nobody is safe posting a pig's weight on this site. Gonna be called a liar right out of the box.
                            Then maybe people should stop lying.

I'm glad people are called out on this. I hate it when I see a guy holding a 18-20# catfish and claiming it's 40+ pounds. And no one even questions them. This is the internet and people will say whatever they can get away with.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Not unless you have a scale in the picture. wait.... Jk then they will want to see notarized calibration papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                                Wrong. My left hand is on his back.
                                Not trying to accuse you of anything (like trying to make the hog look bigger), but I'm not wrong. Your hand may have very well been on it's back but that doesn't change the fact that you are farther away from the camera making the hog appear larger proportionally to you. Again, even small differences in distance between the camera and objects at close ranges results in exaggerated proportions - that's just a fact of how perspective works.

I've added a line under your heals, which would represent a plane projected through your center of gravity on the ground. The line under the hog's nose represents it's distance from the camera. This quantity is less known because it's difficult to tell if it's touching the ground or not. The hog could be off of the ground by a good bit which would actually even move it closer to the camera, thereby exaggerating the proportional difference even more (i.e. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by putting it right under his nose).

With that said, there is a clear distance difference from the camera between where you are standing and where the hog is hanging. Again, I know it's not intentional, it's just the way it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishndude_hog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	24514898

Comment

Working...
                                X