Some Concealed Carry Considerations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Concealed Carry Considerations.

Primary & Secondary ModCastSpeaking with Jared Reston about the incident he was involved in on 01/26/2008. http://www.restongrouptraining.com/Things to consi...

This is an interview with Officer Jared Reston regarding a gunfight he was in. During this gunfight he took several hits from a Glock 21 (.45acp) including a shot to the jaw and still continued to fight. His attacker also suffered numerous hits (from a .40s&w) but was able to keep on firing. It's an excellent interview.

It's a long video but watch at least the first 17-18mins of it. It will be well worth your while.

This video really exposes a lot of myths and preconceived notions on how gunfights work and really drives home how much handguns suck as man stoppers. Even if you carry the almighty .45.

This video is why I'm such a big proponent of carrying a gun with the highest capacity possible. You just don't know how many it will take. Will that 6 round pocket pistol be enough?

Stay fit, practice often and get some training from vetted instructors.

Granted this is just one scenario, but it is something to think about.

-Ike

By far the best video ive watched on youtube all year

Comment

Tagged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really solid video. A gunfight is a nasty, nasty thing. This is exactly why I don't own and will not carry a little .380 that has less power and magazine capacity than a typical pistol caliber. Any pistol is a poor man stopper, no need to disadvantage yourself even more.

Comment

Well worth the time to not only watch but listen to the message

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

In

Comment

"When I recognized I was in a gunfight, Okay, I got something for ya...standby".

That's one bad dude and the best video I've seen in some time.

Comment

SAved it

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Comment

So does this make a case for the old wheel guns in .357 or .44?

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

Awesome vid

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by geauxgruene View Post
                        So does this make a case for the old wheel guns in .357 or .44?
                        Not in his opinion, it's all about slinging as many bullets as you can. I think the 357 is a good option but it really limits you to capacity.

Comment

Well worth the 20 mins I watched of it. Will go back and finish it later.

Comment

Excellent watch! Best video I've seen in a long time makes me think I'm carrying the wrong weapon

Comment

Screw my muzzle in your ear and let it eat!

Comment

Working...
                              X