Grimm reaper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grimm reaper???

Has anyone tried the Grimm reaper white tail special on hogs? If so how far did they run?

In my experience on hard quartering shots they deflected off of hogs. I think on a broad side shot they might be ok. I bought some Reaper hog heads that I'm going to try out if the hogs give me a shot.

Comment

Use them for whitetail, love them for whitetail, no info on hogs, just use fix blade for hogs.

Comment

my rule of thumb is i wont use an expandable on any hog over 100#'s

Comment

I have used the Razortip on a few hogs, killed them all but I still like a fixed blade better.

Comment

They will work and sometimes they wont. Just as important on a boar is the age not only size. The older the more scare tissue on the shoulders from more years of fighting. Thus that much more tougher to penetrate. Ive saw some monsters killed with weak aluminum rage. Ive also saw some fold up like a stomped coke can. My rule on hogs is if i know that what im after, i aint packin a mech.

Comment

Both didn't run over 80 yards. One was slightly quartered I just posted a video of the hunt. I am using the 2" reaper I love em

Comment

i prefer a fixed blade on just about anything other than a WT

Comment

Working...
                X