No announcement yet.

Fletching Glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSg7kG05bsA"]Fletching Glue Test - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Goat tough, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
        super glue holds well, but when you work in a shop and someone brings arrows in hat have previously been fletched with super glue it makes for a very tough removal. You can easily mar your carbon shafts trying to get them properly preped. Im sure many people use super glue and that is just fine, but i prefer bohning fletch tite platinum. It holds well and can removed with a fair amount of ease.
        This

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
          super glue holds well, but when you work in a shop and someone brings arrows in hat have previously been fletched with super glue it makes for a very tough removal. You can easily mar your carbon shafts trying to get them properly preped. Im sure many people use super glue and that is just fine, but i prefer bohning fletch tite platinum. It holds well and can removed with a fair amount of ease.
          Use a wrap. Like most folks. Non issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            This
            I read this comment but then thought, aren't these people gluing their own fletches on with the Super Glue gel to begin with, so then why are they bringing them in to a shop to refletch them? Just curious under when that occurs because I use Super Glue Gel and have had no issues. If I did, since I do them myself, I wouldn't bring them into a shop to refletch them later. Are these just customers who didn't like them and wanted them removed to try other fletches after first doing them themselves?

Thanks for the heads up on the removal of the super glue gel as I have not yet had to deal with removing the glue yet.

Comment

I use superglue gel. Removing it requires some very careful scraping. If I were doing it for a living and needed to have a faster process, I'd use something different. But since I'm just doing a dozen about once a year or less, it's no big deal. I like how well the superglue holds fletching on my wraps.

Comment

FYI if you want the best results, remove all the other vanes and redo them all.....

Comment

Working...
                X