1970 c10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970 c10

I picked up this truck this summer and overall it was in pretty good shape but I really wanted to bring up to the next level. The overall plan is to leave the same “appearance” but improve the quality of everything. When I got it the previous owner had swapped in a 6.0 liter Lq4, “chopped” the suspension to lower it and put a patina paint job on it. Now for the good stuff my plans are to install a full coil over suspension system from ride tech, mini tub the rear for wider tires, cnotch the frame to accommodate the lowering kit, put aftermarket fuel tank under the bed, add dakota gauges, vintage air, aluminum radiator, rewire entire truck, new wiring harness to clean up the mess they had under the hood, shave the firewall and just clean up the whole engine bay to give it a cleaner install. I’ll start adding pics to show my progression so far.

Sounds like a good plan! What tranny is it mated to? Any goodies on the engine or stock?

Comment

What it looked like when I got it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tanto View Post
          Sounds like a good plan! What tranny is it mated to? Any goodies on the engine or stock?
          It was a early iron headed 6.0. So it has the long snout crank and gen 3 internals, It has all new bearings and rings, ported and polished 243 heads , Texas speed 224r cam and and valve springs, ls7 lifter s , 7.400 push rods , 8.1 liter injectors , new oil pump ported , new water pump . It has a 4l80e with the transgo shift kit

Comment

Way cool project. Subscribed.

Are you going to keep it at the same altitude or are you slamming it down further?

Comment

Progress so far

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                Way cool project. Subscribed.

Are you going to keep it at the same altitude or are you slamming it down further?
                It will be very close to the same height hard to know exactly cause of the way it was “lowered” before

Comment

Comment

Comment

Got serious real quick! In for progress.

Comment

Cool build. Im in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Look's like a fun project!

TBH'er, Chago has a similar C10 build going. May want to check in with him to compare notes.

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                            Got serious real quick! In for progress.
                            Yea I am terribly impatient so I went about this a little different than most. I have been looking at and saving money for a build like this for years. Once I had enough money stashed away to be able to get all the parts I wanted I got serious about looking for a truck. I was able to make a deal on this one and drove to Tulsa, OK to pick it up and immediately started ordering parts. Also, to be up front I am not doing all this work myself I wish I had the skills to do all of it but I don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by JudoLeyba View Post
                              Look's like a fun project!

TBH'er, Chago has a similar C10 build going. May want to check in with him to compare notes.
                              I’ll check it out

Comment

Working...
                              X