Traditional FSC -- Week 48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC -- Week 48

Shot to be taken from 15 yards for the adults, and 7 yards for the kiddos.

Draw a pencil marked cross at the center of an 8.5" X 11" sheet of paper, and pin it to your target butt.

Anchor a toilet paper roll where the target end of it is 12" from the face of the paper just as you see it here.

You must pack 6 ft of toilet paper into the roll (plus or minus 1 square. Whichever gets you closest), and cross tape the ends of the roll to hold the toilet paper in place.

Take your measurement from edge of arrow shaft to intersecting lines of the cross.

"IF" your arrow goes through the roll (end through end) you get a 1" deduction from your measurement.

Lowest total measurement wins the call for next week.

I will be taking this shot, and posting the results, but am exempting myself from the call.

Rick
    Attached Files

Very cool, Rick! Does anchoring method matter? In other words, do you have to use string between arrows or could one use tape or other means to suspend and secure the stuffed roll in front of target? Seems to be an obstructed-view/penetration/arrow flight tuning test.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Very cool, Rick! Does anchoring method matter? In other words, do you have to use string between arrows or could one use tape or other means to suspend and secure the stuffed roll in front of target? Seems to be an obstructed-view/penetration/arrow flight tuning test.
      String please, but you don't have to use arrows for the rods.

Rick

Comment

Obviously I didn’t make it through the roll, 3 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ought to be a good time!

Comment

Good shooting, Piney!

Comment

Well, dang. First shot was about 4-1/2" . But, I wasn't going to stop shooting this cool set-up until I hit it. Nicked the edge of the roll with the 6th shot, then, finally, blew up that toilet paper with the 8th, which also hit the cross. Pretty cool effect.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

You blew the stuffing out of it!

Comment

Rick: you have time to take your exhibition shot?

Comment

Guys I'm just not shooting my trad bow right now. I'm trying to give this broken finger some time to heal. Hopefully in a couple weeks it will be better. I've slung an arrow here and there just to make sure I can hit a spot if I go sit but the last week I've laid off completely.

Comment

I've been sick since Monday night.
                      Got a bad cough, and weak as a new born pup.
                      In other words, I doubt I shoot this.

Want to go hunting tomorrow, but that's not likely either with this cough going on.

Rick

Comment

Nah you're better off getting some rest and healing up. The good part of the season is fixin ta be here.

Comment

Looks like Piney has the call for this week.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                            Obviously I didn’t make it through the roll, 3 inches.

Congrats, Piney! Looking forward to a good call for Week 49!

Comment

Working...
                            X