Best route to Destin from Dfw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best route to Destin from Dfw

We are leaving Saturday. I-20 to Jackson then south? Or through Baton Rouge?

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
    DO NOT i repeat DO NOT go through Baton Rouge. That area will get you stuck in a heartbeat. If you have options to stay north of town, thats what i would do

Comment

Coming from Mansfield, i would ride 20 all the way to Jackson then cut south on 49 then head towards Hattiesburg on 98 to Mobile. Then I-10 and cut across the bay in Pensacola

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        Coming from Mansfield, i would ride 20 all the way to Jackson then cut south on 49 then head towards Hattiesburg on 98 to Mobile. Then I-10 and cut across the bay in Pensacola
        This is what we do

Comment

I-20 to Jackson, MS
          49 to Hattiesburg, MS
          **Stay on 49 South to Saucier, MS (because 98 to Mobile AL is MISERABLE)
          At Saucier, MS take 67 SE to I-10 (but watch speeding, lots of cops)
          proceed on I-10 to Destin.

Comment

download the waze app and see what it says, no matter what waze is right.
            I have not trusted times before and ended up getting screwed cus i didnt follow the app.

Comment

Jacksonville then south. No question. Be ready for nightmares around mobile and coming into Destin. Saturday is the day everyone checks in and out so thousands of people come and go both ways. When we go on Saturday we leave late enough to miss the traffic. Like getting to Destin around 11 pm. We have the luxury of not having to check-in though so that may not work.

Comment

You should really try to avoid Baton Rouge for the rest of your life. Go to Jackson for sho

Comment

I came from Houston to Destin last Saturday for my daughters softball tournament. I agree with the person above about driving in on a Saturday. Traffic was horrible up and down I-10 all the way here. I'm hoping to leave Friday night and just grab a hotel somewhere between just to avoid the nightmare again. Safe travels and the water here is incredible ! Bring a lot of sunclscreen . Also the gas here is about 25-30cents more per gallon ...just FYI

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                    download the waze app and see what it says, no matter what waze is right.
                    I have not trusted times before and ended up getting screwed cus i didnt follow the app.
                    After Cajun Blake's thread I downloaded waze. I haven't seen where it diverts you around traffic. Is there a setting for That?

We're leaving Saturday for the gulf shore area and I plan on using it again

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
                      I-20 to Jackson, 49 to Hattiesburg, 98 to Mobile, TAKE THE 98/Goverment TUNNEL NOT I-10, 98 to Spanish Fort, then cut back to I-10 and you are almost there!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        After Cajun Blake's thread I downloaded waze. I haven't seen where it diverts you around traffic. Is there a setting for That?

We're leaving Saturday for the gulf shore area and I plan on using it again
                        I will be headed to Gulf Shores next Friday. Got a bowfishing and fishing trip booked

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                          I will be headed to Gulf Shores next Friday. Got a bowfishing and fishing trip booked
                          Who you shooting with?

We have one booked for Tuesday out of orange beach. I figure rays be easy to hit!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Who you shooting with?

We have one booked for Tuesday out of orange beach. I figure rays be easy to hit!
                            Buddy of mine. Ken Lister. Ive never shot a ray so I'm excited to try it.

For those with traveling experience to Gulf shores. We are making a stop in Louisiana for 1 night on the way. I would hate to mess with the baton rouge traffic so would it be ok to peal off in Layfeyette and head somewhere south to stay? Or is there a nice area to stay on the northern part of lousiana? We have kids. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                              Buddy of mine. Ken Lister. Ive never shot a ray so I'm excited to try it.

For those with traveling experience to Gulf shores. We are making a stop in Louisiana for 1 night on the way. I would hate to mess with the baton rouge traffic so would it be ok to peal off in Layfeyette and head somewhere south to stay? Or is there a nice area to stay on the northern part of lousiana? We have kids. Thanks.
                              I haven't either. I have ate a couple and was amazed how good they were. I think they shoot a lot of cow nose there so I'm not sure if they eat the same

Comment

Working...
                              X