New truck purchase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New truck purchase question

How willing are dealers to negotiate the price on a truck you order vs one sitting on the lot?

You will always get a better deal on a truck sitting on the lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Understand that, but will they deal at all on one you order? Have never ordered one before, but having trouble finding one with what I want.

Comment

I ordered my Raptor at 1500 under MSRP

It was the same price if I took one off the lot

Comment

Look at it this way. You are "ordering" something one off, that YOU want. They don't HAVE to deal with you much if any at all because they know that its what YOU want, not someone (if anyone) else. And, it's going to be more expensive in general since they can charge full value. Now, something they already have on the lot and probably have more than 1 of, then they will deal because the average customer is only looking for stock packages at the cheapest price. Make sense?

Comment

Check with the fleet dept, they are more interested in deals like that.

But yes, everything is negotiable.

Comment

We do sold orders under invoice all the time. Only catch is the rebates when you order are not always the same when the truck arrives. The dealer discount is pre-negotiated, but whatever the rebates are at time of delivery are what you get rebate wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Truckville View Post
                We do sold orders under invoice all the time. Only catch is the rebates when you order are not always the same when the truck arrives. The dealer discount is pre-negotiated, but whatever the rebates are at time of delivery are what you get rebate wise.
                Listen to this guy! It was the same situation the last time I ordered one.

Comment

I ordered my truck, kinda. I walked in and told the guy what I wanted. When he found it, we sat down and I told him what I was going to pay. Went back and forth and I got it at 700 above their cost. With transfer costs, they made 200$ on my truck.

I would look around and find the one you want, then sit down and haggle the price. Do not be afraid to walk.

Comment

I would say it depends, but about two years ago my wife found an Explorer in the color and package that she wanted...several thousand dollars cheaper than anyone else. She called the dealership and they initially said they had it, then said it just sold, but they agreed to order her one just like it for the same price.

Comment

Working...
                    X