chop chop....words of encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chop chop....words of encouragement

That's right...I'm going to see Dr. Richard Chopp on the 18th for a vasectomy. We have 3 beautiful children and no matter how much we love and adore them, we don't want anymore.

I'm trying not to dwell on it, but if you can offer any input from your experience, I would appreciate it.

Best $20 I ever spent, it ain't great but it ain't terrible just take it easy and then enjoy

Comment

A soft bed, Vicodin, dirty martinis and lots of college football.

My only issue was not to go scratching like a bear on a fuzzy tree in the middle of meetings when I started "feathering out" again.

Oh, and when you have to take your confirmation sample back in, wrap it up and put a nice bow on it, the folks in the docs office will appreciate it.

Mine did.

Comment

His name is really CHOPP?

Comment

From a jack to a queen.................

Comment

No problems after mine whatsoever, and no regrets.

Comment

Bring a cooler with ice or bags of frozen peas for the ride home. The anesthetic could wear off (mine did), and you don't want to suffer if you don't have to. Find the pharmacy closest to the doctor's office and get your insurance and info all set up so that going to fill the pain medication immediately after leaving the office is quick.

Also, get a little bell so that you can ring it (incessantly) anytime you need something. Be sure to keep the bell even after you've healed and keep using it...just to see how long it works before your wife punches you in the face.

Remember, you are legitimately out of commission for medical reasons for "doctor's recommended 3 days". You own the couch and the TV remote. Make the most of it! Get your DVD itinerary all set up and waiting for you when you get home. First, the Dirty Dozen, then maybe Reservoir Dogs, followed by either Braveheart or Saving Private Ryan. Chips, meatball sammiches, and Vicodin all close at hand.

As for the procedure itself, it isn't anything that you'll ever want to do again, but it isn't anything you can't handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post
                From a jack to a queen.................
                Now that's just wrong!

Comment

Say No to Neutering!

Comment

And I think the name is made up...what's short for Richard? Well, there ya go.

Comment

Ice will keep the swelling down. Voice lessons help to keep the pitch from going up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Say No to Neutering!

Would like a word with you...

Comment

Its not a big deal. I had mine done a few months ago. I would recommend a sack of peas. The ice pack got to cold for me and the peas conform to your body shape better. I would also recommend getting a nice jock strap. I went the wrong way and thought compression shorts would work. I was mistaken. I went through some mild discomfort because of it. I would also get a cup for the jockstrap too. For me it was immediate relief when i broke down and got the jock strap. Only problem was when i was getting "support" it pushed my stuff forward also and thats where the incision is. Thats why i say to get a cup too. It will stop your stuff from rubbing.

I had my dvd movies all ready. I only took a few tylenol. I had it done Friday, was back to work on monday morning. It was not a big deal at all and i would say pain level was a 1 out of 10. I would call it mild discomfort. The scariest part was my appt was at 2 so in my mind i thought it was getting done at 2. I had to wait in lobby for 45 minutes. My mind started playing mind games.

The dr. even let me cut one of my tubes....

Comment

Frozen veggies wear and the jock and watch football. Enjoy the zanex lol
                            Yes real name is Chopp 1St name Richard.

Comment

Well, I guess the name fits the profession. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                              X