Bassmaster elites Sabine River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ejmurd View Post
    I have three of the elites renting our place for the week to stay, and talkin to them after the scouting period ended, there's gonna be a bunch of lower units and props damaged, that's for sure!
    Matt Herrin fished here for two days with my partner Michael Vaughn. The first day they knocked the skeg off his brand new SHO. Day two didn't have any problems but on Herrins last day here he trashed his lower unit up north on the Neches. Was a bad experience for my buddy all together showing him the area. He met several of the pros and said Boyd Duckett was by far the nicest guy he met... not so much for the dude he took fishing for two days.

Comment

Iconelli will be at Daley's Friday night from 6 to 8... I will be there at the same time for a captains meeting for my trout tournament on Saturday.. should be a full house for sure. Saturday Cliff Pace and four or five other pros will be at Simon Outfitters in Orange from 12 to 6 I believe.. Simon is putting on a show with stuff for the whole family so that should be a good time also. I will be by there after my weigh in.

Comment

Following this.

Comment

I heard that they were pre fishing last week and had a 20+ stringer out of Hildabrant...not sure though...

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Matt Herrin fished here for two days with my partner Michael Vaughn. The first day they knocked the skeg off his brand new SHO. Day two didn't have any problems but on Herrins last day here he trashed his lower unit up north on the Neches. Was a bad experience for my buddy all together showing him the area. He met several of the pros and said Boyd Duckett was by far the nicest guy he met... not so much for the dude he took fishing for two days.
            Sounds like Yamaha and mercury might have their hands full during this tournament!!

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
              I heard that they were pre fishing last week and had a 20+ stringer out of Hildabrant...not sure though...
              Would like to know for sure on that because I do believe fishing has been off limits for those guys around here for a couple weeks now at least... they can't accept any information either.

Comment

Would like to know for sure on that because I do believe fishing has been off limits for those guys around here for a couple weeks now at least... they can't accept any information either.
                Yea it's been off limits I know a couple weeks before the classic

Comment

I think it's funny the trend of the elites to focus on power fishing bodies of water. The elite guys are always fishing river systems, big east coat or west coast lakes or other places where most guys don't even need a spinning rod.

Then the complete other side the flw guys are fishing clear deep bodies of water and all throw a spinning reel lol

Comment

I will be surprised to see a 20# stringer come in. But with the talent and skill some if these pros have, it is certainly possible. If I was a betting man, I'd say the winning stringer will come from Taylor's.

Watch out for the Hack attack!
                    Last edited by CookieMonster; 03-09-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure the info I saw said only off limits This Monday-Wednesday but that was a few weeks ago and I am getting old and forgetful...lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                        Pretty sure the info I saw said only off limits This Monday-Wednesday but that was a few weeks ago and I am getting old and forgetful...lol
                        I was wrong-found it and looks like they were off limits as of February 11th.

Comment

Flashy trucks and boats are everywhere!

I think I'm gonna park my boat next to one of them fancy ones and see if some of that rap will rub off on mine

Comment

Anyone going to weigh in this year?

Comment

Quote from g-man.

"Waters high, and muddy. Saw two ducks flying, they went to land, and I think one sprained his ankle. It's muddy out here. "

Man I cracked up at that! He post some pretty good videos on Facebook. Milk and bread!

Comment

I have a good buddy who is a marshal for the tourney. Believe they are drawing this evening to see who he is paired with.

Gerard Swindle said the Sabine is so muddy a duck lit by him and twisted its ankle. He is one funny dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X