Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not worth it.

Comment

I got a quote last week from my Goodyear dealer for a set of Goodyear tires with road hazards and everything for less than $900 for my 3/4 ton Ford

Comment

check out the rebates from manufacture Nitto and Toyo same company so look at those strong record and a MT tire is not great for most things other than mud . I went back to a less aggressive tire for better on pavement handing.

NBT has the buy 3 get one free still going here is A link hope it works for you good luckhttps://www.ntb.com/tires/by-size/35125020

Comment

I wouldn't go with off brand. If budget were an issue, I'd cut the $ from somewhere else.

Comment

I sell tires as a side business and I can tell you that I have seen the quality of major brand tires decline over the years. I have taken many off with 20-30kmiles on them. While I don't think made is China is the best route their are still some quality non major brands out there with good warranties and even throw in free 2-year road hazard. Like anything do your research and know what you are buying.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              check out the rebates from manufacture Nitto and Toyo same company so look at those strong record and a MT tire is not great for most things other than mud . I went back to a less aggressive tire for better on pavement handing.

NBT has the buy 3 get one free still going here is A link hope it works for you good luckhttps://www.ntb.com/tires/by-size/35125020
              Thank you sir!

This brings me to another question: Right now I am running 265/70R18 Michelin LTX on my 2015 2500HD. What size would you recommend to step up a size or 2 to gain a beefier look? I don't want to buy new wheels and I don't want a bunch of tire sticking out, etc.

Comment

275/70/r18

Comment

Arturo is a good tire.

Comment

The Goodyear Wranglers on my work truck only lasted 20k. I just put some off brand tires on my daughter's jeep a guy that works for me has had good luck with and wheeled his jeep alot we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      &$%# cheap tires!!!!!

I’m going to spend $75,000 on my truck but run off brand tires to save $700 very 2.5 years:[emoji23][emoji23][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Many American brands are made in China these days. You have to really search for a good American brand that isn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon123 View Post
                          Thank you sir!

This brings me to another question: Right now I am running 265/70R18 Michelin LTX on my 2015 2500HD. What size would you recommend to step up a size or 2 to gain a beefier look? I don't want to buy new wheels and I don't want a bunch of tire sticking out, etc.

well that truck can be tricky if running stock rims . my buddy has a 14 and its on 20's and not much in larger size without changing rims or adding lift to get them to clear without rubbing .

look at the What type of tire do you need ?/ need is need not want . I am off in the deer lease often and its sugar sand so I have a hybrid type tire .

I am lifted and had to later off set .

The Nitto is one tire in a plus size that will fit andif you can make the buy 3 deal work you can save some cash and have a great tire that will last ,

i had mud blades before total junk toyo MT before that nice tire but loud , the Nitto or toyo AT are great tires and the ride is verynice no road noise thus far I have had my truck rubbing the rocker panels in mud and it drove on through very impressed .

i thought I would need a winch to get out , they clean great just get the tire speed up . until you have had a few sets of tires on the same truck its hard to compare in my opinion . I have had 4 sets on this truck now and I have to say I am sold on these ridge grapplers . Good luck

Discount Tire Direct is retiring, but check out our partners at Tire Rack! With tires and wheels for virtually every vehicle make and model, Tire Rack is your new source for the best prices and selection for online and mail-order purchases.

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

Any other input on sizes?

Comment

that is it if you do not want to make other changes I listed the most popular Plus size . The chevy does not have much room without a small lift to fit larger tires

Discount Tire Direct is retiring, but check out our partners at Tire Rack! With tires and wheels for virtually every vehicle make and model, Tire Rack is your new source for the best prices and selection for online and mail-order purchases.

Comment

that it if you do not want to make other changes I listed the most popular Plus size . The chevy does not have much room without a small lift to fit larger tires.

Just did this with my buddy and Discount tried a few others and they would hit , then add in compression and a turn things get even tighter

Comment

Working...
                                X