6.5 Grendel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel Question

Why do I see so many posts by people saying they would not buy the 6.5G in a bolt action platform? It seems that I see alot of people, both on this forum and other places, that basically say they would only own a 6.5G in an AR platform. I don't understand why they would have that position. I don't see people saying they would only buy a 223 in an AR platform. What's the difference?

I don't have a 6.5G, but if I bought one, I would probably get one in a bolt action platform as I am not a big fan of ARs, especially for kids to use, which would be the main purpose for buying an AR. Can someone offer some insight?

Don't know the answer, but love my 6.5 Grendel in Ar.

God Bless
    Bish
    Attached Files

Comment

I get why people could love their 6.5G in an AR platform. I just don't know why people would say they would not buy one in a bolt action platform.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
        I just don't know why people would say they would not buy one in a bolt action platform.
        Never once have I seen someone say that. Seems it would make sense for you to ask the question to the people who said it.

Comment

I believe it may come from the idea that the Grendel is a very good choice given the cartridge restrictions of the AR platform while there are "better" cartridges for a bolt gun. That said, I don't own one, want one in an AR but have also wondered the same.

Comment

What kinda mag do you run? Buddy of mine has 6.5 Grendel but it wont cycle more than 2 or 3 rounds at a time.

Comment

It takes a 6.5 grendel mag or a 7.63x39 mag.

Comment

The Grendel is a great AR platform and to be honest I don't think there are very many people that make a bolt action platform in the 6.5 Grendel so a bolt action maybe pretty pricy.

Comment

I have 2 10rd 6.5 mags, never a miss fire yet.

God Bless
                  Bish

Comment

Howa makes a Grendel on their mini action and if they, or anybody, made it in a lefty Id be first in line.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                      Why do I see so many posts by people saying they would not buy the 6.5G in a bolt action platform? It seems that I see alot of people, both on this forum and other places, that basically say they would only own a 6.5G in an AR platform. I don't understand why they would have that position. I don't see people saying they would only buy a 223 in an AR platform. What's the difference?

I don't have a 6.5G, but if I bought one, I would probably get one in a bolt action platform as I am not a big fan of ARs, especially for kids to use, which would be the main purpose for buying an AR. Can someone offer some insight?
                      the answer is simple,, it is what they choose,, no other cause but personal opinion

Comment

Ruger American Predator in 6.5G with and AR mag.

Comment

i have a howa bolt gun in grendel. She is so fine!

Comment

CZ 527 is a sweet gun. They make it in 6.5 Grendel

Comment

Said it before and I'll say it again...6.5G in AR 15 is a GREAT round/platform. Try it, you may be more satisfied than you think!!

Comment

Working...
                              X