Has anyone ever heard of split limb bows deteriorating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever heard of split limb bows deteriorating

I recently had my new breed genetics restrung by leading edge archery, when I picked the bow up Scott and Adam began tunning the bow but kept getting a hard left tear. They had the bow perfectly tuned last year. So Scott started messing with it and came to the conclusion that one or two of the limbs must be wearing out faster than the others. He ended up replacing the straight cable guid with a bent one and was able to put enough tourque on the riser to get it back in tune.

I really trust these guys so I don’t think they would just say something of this nature and it not be true. But I have absolutely no experience with this. Has anyone seen or heard of this?

Sounds possible

I never have owned a split limb and don't intend to

Comment

Totally possible man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Sounds possible

I never have owned a split limb and don't intend to
        Do they make anything else now, seems all the compounds I see now are split

Comment

I would suspect a weak buss cable yolk before about limb

Comment

So I figured I’d update this post. I contacted New Breed archery and spoke with a guy named Kyle turns out he was actually a partial owner of the company and he designed the bow I am shooting. He told me to ship him the bow and he would figure something out.

I got a call yesterday from Kyle after 3 shots he had the bow shooting perfect bullets. He told.me the bow was out of time and the rest needed to be tuned out. He also replaced the cable guide that was put on by leading edge with the original type the bow had.

He said the bow was in good shape and he had it shipped out yesterday. All the work was free so I just payed shipping. Great customer service. I couldn’t be happier with them.

Comment

glad they got you fixed up, but to answer the question, yes i have but only hoyt and bowtech,,

Comment

Working...
              X