Gnats in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnats in the house

My fiancee says gnats are coming in her house through the kitchen drain. Anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it? Thanks

Gotta be some food particles in the drain/pea trap. We had that issue and don’t have a disposal, ended up running bleach water down the drain once or twice for a few days. Took care of the problem.

Comment

They are likely small flies. There is a gel that you can pour down the drain. It purportedly sticks to the pipe and eventually kills them. Could mean a crack in the drain pipe and the flies are getting in from the soil.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Pea trap should be full of water. Id bet the gnats are coming in some other way and are attracted to food odors around the drain.

Comment

Fruit flies? Get rid of food sitting on the counter, clean sink with bleach.

Comment

I bet they are drain flies. Google them. They showed up in my old house when I had a water leak one time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bleach in drains. (dump it in before you go to work, while the house is empty)

Take out the trash

Make sure there is no fruit going bad on the counter

Pick up some gnat traps

Comment

Sounds like fruit flies.

Comment

Like mentioned above bleach the drain

Comment

Put any fruity Dawn soap in a small bowl.
                      Add a splash of wine, or apple cider vinegar if you don’t have wine.
                      Leave it out on counter over night.
                      They’re attracted to the scent, then get stuck and can’t fly out.

Comment

Bleach works good...….
                        But, I prefer Orange Oil.....
                        It works, and makes the place smell awesome....

Comment

Originally posted by Jmorgan View Post
                          Put any fruity Dawn soap in a small bowl.

Add a splash of wine, or apple cider vinegar if you don’t have wine.

Leave it out on counter over night.

They’re attracted to the scent, then get stuck and can’t fly out.

Haven't tried this. But putting a small piece of fruit in a bowl, covering with Saran Wrap, and using a ball point pen to poke a few holes in the plastic works great too. The fruit flies are attracted to the fruit and get in through the holes but can't crawl back out.

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                            Haven't tried this. But putting a small piece of fruit in a bowl, covering with Saran Wrap, and using a ball point pen to poke a few holes in the plastic works great too. The fruit flies are attracted to the fruit and get in through the holes but can't crawl back out.

My mom does this but with apple cider vinegar and water. Catches the heck out of them

Comment

any recently purchased houseplants?

Comment

Working...
                              X