Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son's Miltary Career Derailed...for him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    Just wanted to share...this is how it all really started...Fort Benning Graduation...
    I'm sure you're a proud papa bear!

But man, things sure have changed since also frequented "the land that God forgot", aka Fort Benning. I graduated from 2-58 back in 95. Brings back lots of memories. But we were in Class As with our shiny new blue cords on an asphalt parade field.

Please give my best to him.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks All!! Yep, the GS response whenever I have posted about Jake has been great! This has been an adventure from the day he graduated from high school, the day I dropped him off at the departure hotel in Dallas, deployments and now another move and career change.

But, as stated, he's doing what he loves and I love all of you for your support!!

Comment

That’s how the Army works. You don’t get your way, you get their way, but he knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
          That’s how the Army works. You don’t get your way, you get their way, but he knows that.
          Oh yeah...he does, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            Well, just got a call from Jake. Just shows his dedication for what he loves...heading to Georgia after the 1st of the year AND re-enlisted to boot. Seems the Army made it worth while after all with some "incentives?"

It's what he loves so all of us are supporting as usual. Funny...back where he started years past. Next up...Smokey Bear hat...
            The Battalion I was with in Vietnam is one of the Infantry training Battalions at Benning. Every couple of years we have a reunion there and spend time with the trainees and watch a graduation. Just wondering if your son was one of the 1/50th men.

Either way tell him thanks and good luck.

JC

Comment

Working...
            X