Discharge hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge hose

Who makes a good discharge hose, I plan to move some clean water and was wondering which company makes a quality hose. Thanks for any help.

What diameter, length and what are you hooking it up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan on hooking it up to this https://m.northerntool.com/products/...5733?adv=false.
      A 50ft hose would be great, northern tool has a couple, but just wondering if there were better options out there. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by ZGIII View Post
        Who makes a good discharge hose, I plan to move some clean water and was wondering which company makes a quality hose. Thanks for any help.
        I plan on hooking it up to this https://m.northerntool.com/products/...5733?adv=false.
        A 50ft hose would be great, northern tool has a couple, but just wondering if there were better options out there. Thanks for the help.
        What characteristics are you looking for? If it's just going to have water flowing through it, what do you consider good/better?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          What characteristics are you looking for? If it's just going to have water flowing through it, what do you consider good/better?
          The ones at northern seemed thin, just looking for one that might be thicker. Thanks for your help.

Comment

The ones at northern seemed thin, just looking for one that might be thicker. Thanks for your help.

Discharge hoses are thin. Can’t say I’ve seen one much if any heavier than the other. There’s no pressure so it doesn’t have to be thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The blue hoses from northern work great. I use a 3” x 50’ with my trash pump.

Comment

Appreicate the input.

Comment

If you will be dragging it around on the ground with brush/rocks/debris, those blue discharge hoses get pin holes pretty easy. If you want a lay flat fire hose style, go to Amigo's Equipment there in Corpus on Leopard street. They'll make you whatever length you want. Or you can go to South Texas Hose in Corpus... they might be cheaper.

Comment

For the ultimate durability order a 50 ft roll of firehose in desired diameter.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

When I worked for the city we used old fire hoses for our pumps. May check with your local fd to see if they have any old hoses that didn’t pass cert.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                        When I worked for the city we used old fire hoses for our pumps. May check with your local fd to see if they have any old hoses that didn’t pass cert.

Yep, my dad got 6 or 8 full rolls of old hoses from a little volunteer fire Dept. once. He took 'em a mess of blue cat and they cut the fittings off and gave him the hoses... they reuse the fittings. I bought new fittings at Northern tool and had 'em crimped on for him...

Comment

Working...
                        X