Bombing suspect dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    That's nothing but a cop out. You should have stopped with absentee fathers....the rest is jibberish and old man excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just trying to share a few thoughts about the profiles of these young men choosing to do these horrific acts. i'd want the same scrutiny and objective data for terror attacks to anticipate/prevent/find such attacks. No excuses for anyone or act of violence.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
      systemnt and JHT. i assume ya'll are older than 35, and have no gage for what it means to be exposed to such stuff at such a young age.

i get the humor, if at all called for in this time, im trying to get to a core problem or noticeable pattern. And it aint access to guns.

I'm 71 years old now. My first exposure (best recall) was somewhere around the age of 18, if Playboy magazine don't count, that is.
      I considered it to be somewhat educational. And motivational, so to speak. But my "wicked" little thoughts (and actions) never drifted toward violence or harmful endeavors.

I'll go out on a limb here, and say that you might just could be wrong with your analysis. And I'm possibly the first poster to say that I got no idea what makes anyone do these kind of things. My ordinary mind can't wander that far off the main track.

SMH
      Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
        Ooh, Cajun Blake... that's prohibitibo apparently. You rebel.
        Born to be wild!

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
          I'm 71 years old now. My first exposure (best recall) was somewhere around the age of 18, if Playboy magazine don't count, that is.
          I considered it to be somewhat educational. And motivational, so to speak. But my "wicked" little thoughts (and actions) never drifted toward violence or harmful endeavors.

I'll go out on a limb here, and say that you might just could be wrong with your analysis. And I'm possibly the first poster to say that I got no idea what makes anyone do these kind of things. My ordinary mind can't wander that far off the main track.

SMH
          Bob Lee
          you were 18 and it was one magazine. try 8 or 9 years of age and multiply times 1000x the images. everyday, unhindered. This is not different to you?

the images of a 1965 magazine are very similar to a fashion magazine on the grocery store check out today. it is vastly different

Comment

I wonder what that black tshirt he's wearing says. Anybody recognize it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              I wonder what that black tshirt he's wearing says. Anybody recognize it?
              I bet it has something to do with por n

Comment

I’m confused the Gov of Kentucky says about the same regarding p*rn and other societal issues and it gets 35 posts of kudos. A member says something similar and it’s dogpile city

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I’m confused the Gov of Kentucky says about the same regarding p*rn and other societal issues and it gets 35 posts of kudos. A member says something similar and it’s dogpile city
                  ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    blaming 'societal issues' is as old as time... theres always something tangible people must have to point a finger at as a cause.... none of it can be proven... rock and roll was at one time the decline of western civilization..so was the motorized vehicle.....hell, bugs bunny cartoons were deemed too violent at one point....one mass killer had a calvin and hobbes cartoon on the butt stock of his gun....serial killings have been prevalent long before the internet...
                    Last edited by systemnt; 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

you were 18 and it was one magazine. try 8 or 9 years of age and multiply times 1000x the images. everyday, unhindered. This is not different to you?

the images of a 1965 magazine are very similar to a fashion magazine on the grocery store check out today. it is vastly different
                      I think what you're getting at, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that p orn among other things (some of which you listed) devalue human dignity and therefore deminish the value of life itself. This would make it easier for someone to be ok with destroying human life.

I get where you're going with it, though the specificity may be unnecessary. I agree that the lack of value for human life, and the lack of God in their lives is a huge contributing factor to these killings. Addressing these problems, I think, would provide a better solution than gun bans or new laws.

Comment

If your 8 or 9 and you have access to the degree your stating its a parental issue not a child issue.

But using your theory all 11 year old boys wearing glasses should be put on a watch list.

Comment

I can't help but think that a lot of these cowards just didn't have the men, and people around to teach them how to be a human, and how awesome it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                            So he made all the bombs one handed?

[emoji23] and had his eyes squinted from choking his chicken [emoji490]

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                              If your 8 or 9 and you have access to the degree your stating its a parental issue not a child issue.

I can't help but think that a lot of these cowards just didn't have the men, and people around to teach them how to be a human, and how awesome it can be.

yes!! if each of us wrangled a a few scruffy headed kids and taught him how to aim small miss small and showed them archery, we can bring some humanity back. slapped em on the back when they shot well. showed them how to talk to a lady. get into real life, out of virtual world. how to honor humans, honor life. that is the "fathering" factor.

Comment

I agree. I also believe we as a society have gone way overboard as treating kids like adults with the same and equal rights and privileges usually earned not given.

I have some left coast family in Seattle. One of my nieces is on the school committee for an anti gun march in town. It was supposed to go down this Saturday. They ran a Go Beg Me campaign to raise money for the event.

$30,000 was the initial goal. City jammed them up on permits, all the vendors they thought would just donate their goods & time & services for the cause laughed in their faces.

The new goal is $60,000 to hopefully get it covered. "The money shouldn't be the issue here because the lessons were teaching them have a greater value." rhetoric spilled throughout.

My niece is in 7th grade. Her voice won't mean jack till she can vote but her parents really think it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X