Somerville WMA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
    Bet them whites and hybrids are stacked out there tho!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe. But I won't share the info where they are. [emoji1303][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone seeing anything besides hogs?!

Comment

I'll take the hogs! Tell me where they are!

Comment

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I moved from the metroplex to Bryan this spring, and I'm going to be hunting Somerville for the first time this season. I've been out there scouting a few times this month, and I just got back from taking a hike through the yegua creek section. I'm focusing on that area and am not going to hunt the nails creek section. I saw 2 doe and a few hogs today.

Good luck to everyone hunting out there this season, I look forward to seeing some ldp's added to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler03 View Post
            I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I moved from the metroplex to Bryan this spring, and I'm going to be hunting Somerville for the first time this season. I've been out there scouting a few times this month, and I just got back from taking a hike through the yegua creek section. I'm focusing on that area and am not going to hunt the nails creek section. I saw 2 doe and a few hogs today.

Good luck to everyone hunting out there this season, I look forward to seeing some ldp's added to this thread.

Welcome aboard!

Mosquitoes carry you away today? [emoji12]

Comment

Welcome aboard. This will be my first year also. Have scouted some at yegua before all rain. Not going to make the opener. Good luck to ya!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                Welcome aboard!

Mosquitoes carry you away today? [emoji12]

They were pretty bad until the breeze picked up a bit.

At least it wasn't as wet as I thought it might be. The main creeks are still flowing pretty good and there are some low-lying areas holding a little water, but for the most part everything was dry. You could tell that there was a lot of water moving through there, though. Debris stuck in trees 4+ feet off the ground and that was easily over a quarter mile from the main creek.

Comment

Which entry you hunting out of? So if I see ya I’ll say hello. We’re off CR 124

Comment

I've been entering at the east entrance on CR 134

Comment

Morning gents!

Quick reminder about common courtesy. When someone yells, whistles, shines a light at you. Don’t keep walking and set up in your groundblind 100yards from someone.
                      I’m gonna sit here until 9am, and will wait on you at the road. We’re gonna have to work this situation out.

Good luck to rest of y’all who dont have any weekend hunters walking around you. [emoji1303]

Comment

I'm fully aware it's public land and how it works of been hunting this place for 9 yrs and have hunter same area for almost all of it if been here every weekend since aug cleaning and getting ready if you want to set up 20yrds away I'm not a ******* just come join me in my tree theres room!!!!

Comment

To the guy off 430 that was there first but determined our target spot was the same place, thanks for letting me sit my ladder. It was a royal pain getting it back here. You're a stand up guy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                            To the guy off 430 that was there first but determined our target spot was the same place, thanks for letting me sit my ladder. It was a royal pain getting it back here. You're a stand up guy.

Lol that’s great

They got you too huh? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                              Lol that’s great

They got you too huh? Lol

More like I did it to him, just glad he was cordial or I'd be sitting on the ground, or in the stand with the wife.

Comment

I didn’t know you could set up a blind other than for 72 hour ahead of time. People walking in on me is the reason I stopped hunting public land. Yes I always killed deer out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X