Back Country Drug War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
    Prolly more drivers texting than the drunks and stoned peeps put together anymore....

Don't bring logic in here, lol... [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      They should hunt these pot growers from helicopters just like they do hogs. Shoot and let them rot. Worms gotta eat same as buzzards or something like that.
      Seems a little harsh.
      Maybe start with tar and feather first

Comment

This has been happening for many many years. My brother is a police officer in Oregon and he's been telling me about it for a long time. They will go as far as guarding the plants with AK's and he even said of a trip wire that was found attached to a grenade.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          If they made pot legal a lot of cheap nickel and dime lawyers would go broke.
          Kill two birds with one stone....I see a positive

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
            Using that same logic, why do people still distill moonshine illegally if you can buy it in the stores legally? Weed will be the same way. Plus, check out the homeless population rates in those states that have legalized it. I read where Colorado has seen a major spike in their homeless population because people would rather smoke weed than hold down a career, pay bills, etc.

What we are finding more and more is that people are mixing other chemicals into their "organic weed" to make it more potent or to get that extra high. We've also found some Marijuana that has K2 mixed in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            All drugs should be legal in my mind , it's not the govements job to tell us what we can have or not have . Look into countries that have flat out legalized all drugs and look at the statistics .. pot is no different then alcohol , besides being illegal which is insane .

Comment

Using that same logic, why do people still distill moonshine illegally if you can buy it in the stores legally? Weed will be the same way. Plus, check out the homeless population rates in those states that have legalized it. I read where Colorado has seen a major spike in their homeless population because people would rather smoke weed than hold down a career, pay bills, etc.

What we are finding more and more is that people are mixing other chemicals into their "organic weed" to make it more potent or to get that extra high. We've also found some Marijuana that has K2 mixed in it.

If people choose to live on the streets and smoke dope that is THEIR CHOICE!!

By the same standard I could quit my job, go live on the street and drink myself to death and other than a few misdemeanor vagrancy charges I could do that without breaking a law.

Better yet---I could have an 18-wheeler load of Jack Daniels backed into my driveway and literally drink myself to death without breaking a single law, but if I smoke one joint on the back porch the police could knock down my front door. Why the distinction?

Comment

But back to the OP's original post. If you do any sort of reading about what goes on in counties such as California's Humbolt and Mendocino counties with the cartel growers on government land and the all out warfare that is ineffectively waged to combat these criminals, you too would shake your head and ageee that there has to be a better way. Would people still grow in national forests if cannabis was legal? Possibly to an extent, but the incentive to hide up in the hills sure we be gone and there would be plenty of legit taxed and regulated farms to not only feed the supply chain, but to financially support the air and ground war that would now be able to completely focus on the government woods illegal grows. Something might actually get done that works.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                  If people choose to live on the streets and smoke dope that is THEIR CHOICE!!

By the same standard I could quit my job, go live on the street and drink myself to death and other than a few misdemeanor vagrancy charges I could do that without breaking a law.

Better yet---I could have an 18-wheeler load of Jack Daniels backed into my driveway and literally drink myself to death without breaking a single law, but if I smoke one joint on the back porch the police could knock down my front door. Why the distinction?

We are dealing with a problem house here in our city that all they do is drink, smoke pot, smoke meth, fight, destroy property (neighbors and their own), and cause just trouble in general. They have NO jobs. We have responded to that home over 25 times this year alone for different calls and I have personally made drug related arrests off that property for various drugs.

When people decide to live the lifestyle you're describing, the property values decrease because their home looks like poop. The crime rate on that street has sky rocketed with that home being the nucleus of the problem. These people are stealing to support their habit. The neighbors are stuck because they cannot sell their homes to moves because nobody wants to live next to them. Honestly, the neighbors shouldn't have to move.

If it is legalized, whose job is it going to be to house, feed, care for, etc., these individuals who lose their jobs, homes, healthcare, etc because they don't have the drive to get up and go to work?

It wall fall on the working stiff, like me, who will get MORE taxes put upon them by the GOVERNMENT. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of supporting everybody else.

Comment

We are dealing with a problem house here in our city that all they do is drink, smoke pot, smoke meth, fight, destroy property (neighbors and their own), and cause just trouble in general. They have NO jobs. We have responded to that home over 25 times this year alone for different calls and I have personally made drug related arrests off that property for various drugs.

When people decide to live the lifestyle you're describing, the property values decrease because their home looks like poop. The crime rate on that street has sky rocketed with that home being the nucleus of the problem. These people are stealing to support their habit. The neighbors are stuck because they cannot sell their homes to moves because nobody wants to live next to them. Honestly, the neighbors shouldn't have to move.

If it is legalized, whose job is it going to be to house, feed, care for, etc., these individuals who lose their jobs, homes, healthcare, etc because they don't have the drive to get up and go to work?

It wall fall on the working stiff, like me, who will get MORE taxes put upon them by the GOVERNMENT. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of supporting everybody else.

Okay. Interesting point, but pointless to the subject to which this thread has morphed into. Re-read your post, it's a legitimate concern for a LEO and what sounds to be a horrific social meltdown in whatever jurisdiction you patrol. However, you yourself listed FIVE "bad things" that are going down at this property and it's a safe bet you left several off... heroin, cocaine, etc. so my point, weed is not the issue here. These losers at this said house would be fighting, drinking, destroying property and living the punk lifestyle with or without the existence (whether legal or not) of marijuana.

Comment

That's a whole different thread, but the answer is NOT THE GOVERMENT.

I'm just glad they can't afford to live in my neighborhood.

I've never looked at this from a LEO perspective, but there has to be a way to condemn a house after a certain amount of illegal activity.

And I'm with you on the 'tired of supporting other people' I think we should all be free to make our own choices, and then be responsible for the outcome.

If these people doing all these bad things were just drinking alcohol would you want to ban that? We've tried that, remember how much fun and crime that caused?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                        Okay. Interesting point, but pointless to the subject to which this thread has morphed into. Re-read your post, it's a legitimate concern for a LEO and what sounds to be a horrific social meltdown in whatever jurisdiction you patrol. However, you yourself listed FIVE "bad things" that are going down at this property and it's a safe bet you left several off... heroin, cocaine, etc. so my point, weed is not the issue here. These losers at this said house would be fighting, drinking, destroying property and living the punk lifestyle with or without the existence (whether legal or not) of marijuana.

You are correct. There is a whole host of illegal narcotics being abused. What I do know for a fact is that these guys started with Marijuana. I dealt with them as young adolescents and they started with weed. It has since morphed into what it is today.

I think the main argument here is control/addiction. Many have said that weed isn't addicting, but I disagree. I have seen it turn into a gateway drug too many times. Are there people who can smoke a joint and still function as a member of society? Sure. But, as with alcohol, there are those (and possibly in a greater majority with marijuana I'm willing to bet) who cannot.

Many have said that people should have the freedom to ingest anything they want and be responsible for their actions. That is all well and good, but people on dope cannot control their actions because of lowered inhibitions and impulse control.

If marijuana was legalized for recreational use because "everybody does it" will meth be next? I'd argue that meth is almost, if not more, prevalent. When, as a society, do we draw the line?

Comment

Flatlander, there is a nuisance abatement available, but it is like getting an act of congress to get it pushed through. Then, if we get them pushed out of one house, they will likely just go setup shop in another dump and we're back to square one.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                            I imagine that even if is legalized people will still grow it on public land illegally
                            Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                            No one grows Tabacco illegally because you can buy it at any store , same would happen if you could buy pot at any store anytime ..
                            Just do what Colorado does...allow someone to grow 6 plants in their back yard.

Comment

You are correct. There is a whole host of illegal narcotics being abused. What I do know for a fact is that these guys started with Marijuana. I dealt with them as young adolescents and they started with weed. It has since morphed into what it is today.

I think the main argument here is control/addiction. Many have said that weed isn't addicting, but I disagree. I have seen it turn into a gateway drug too many times. Are there people who can smoke a joint and still function as a member of society? Sure. But, as with alcohol, there are those (and possibly in a greater majority with marijuana I'm willing to bet) who cannot.

Many have said that people should have the freedom to ingest anything they want and be responsible for their actions. That is all well and good, but people on dope cannot control their actions because of lowered inhibitions and impulse control.

If marijuana was legalized for recreational use because "everybody does it" will meth be next? I'd argue that meth is almost, if not more, prevalent. When, as a society, do we draw the line?

The old slippery slope debate. No....meth will never be legal. Where is your data regarding your bet on alcohol versus weed and the hypothesis you lay claim to? Okay, you have a problem drug house in your neighborhood, that hardly makes it a scientific study for any claim. Just friendly debating.

Comment

I've said before on another thread awhile back that got whacked what I'm about to say again.

I was introduced to marijuana in 1969 at the age of 23. By a splendid little stripper originally from Temple, she called herself "Tiki". We spent a splendid evening together.

I still enjoy a toke from time to time, just as I enjoy a drink from time to time. I don't drive drunk and I don't drive while stoned.

I'm a professional in the workforce. My income is in six figures and my credit score is 830 - as of last week. There are way more of us than you think. Responsible citizens, responsible employers, responsible employees. Stable, loving parents and grandparents.

Call it whatever you want or think of me however you choose. I really don't care very much.

Oh... And Froggy, there ain't no such thing as too many HoHo's. Although I'm partial to cherry cheesecake myself. And to Led Zepplin and the Eagles and Bruce Springsteen and most certainly... to younger pretty women.

No place is it written that life is intended to be taken too seriously.

Bob Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X