No announcement yet.

Limbsavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep they work great. I put mine right at the fade-outs and can definitely tell a difference.

Randy

Comment

I have them on my recurves but not my longbows.
      not only do they help with noise, if you have a broke nock they will protect your bow when you dry fire it

They are ugly but cheap insurance that protects your limbs
      I set mine out towards the tip
      Click image for larger version

Name:	a9.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	24413156

Comment

im a true believer in them

Comment

Buff that extra weight don't add shock? Shooting 85 pounds you may not be able to tell the difference. See ya in February. Arvin

Comment

they have some mini-limbsavers for recurves, but i use the broadband limbsavers and put them towards the bottom of the limb close to the riser, from testing the sound it seems they work best closest to the riser, to me at least, some people may have a different experience

Comment

I have them on my recurve

Comment

Im glad Im not the only one that thought about using them.

I didn't want to break a traditional archer golden rule and have my shooting powers taken away from me.

Comment

For those not familiar with Bowjax limb dampeners, check out this comparison with Limbsavers.
                  Demonstration of the BowJax limb dampening products vs. LimbSaver products. The limbs are Ten Point crossbow limbs... I met Stuart Wright , Owner, of BowJax ...

That convinced me enough to try them and I am impressed with how well they work.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    For those not familiar with Bowjax limb dampeners, check out this comparison with Limbsavers.
                    Demonstration of the BowJax limb dampening products vs. LimbSaver products. The limbs are Ten Point crossbow limbs... I met Stuart Wright , Owner, of BowJax ...

That convinced me enough to try them and I am impressed with how well they work.

The video is good but bad in telling you which one was which

Comment

I have them on a 50# ACS and they do work , bow was already quiet just made it even quieter so yes it is a plus to my bow.

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
                        Im glad Im not the only one that thought about using them.

I didn't want to break a traditional archer golden rule and have my shooting powers taken away from me.
                        Oh you broke a rule all right, the one where you don't like noise and hand shock. They are remarkable for that. When I was building bows, I built one for my friend, Andy. It was 73#, shot where he looked and he liked it, all except the noise and hand shock. We tried every thing we could think of and nothing helped. He bought some LS and put on the bow just an inch or so from the fade outs. It was truly remarkable the difference it made. He has killed a butt load of deer with it through the years and I doubt he would have stayed with it with out the Limb Savers.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                          Buff that extra weight don't add shock? Shooting 85 pounds you may not be able to tell the difference. See ya in February. Arvin

I dont know
                          The first time I bought some 30 years ago, the instructions said to put them 10" from the limb tip.

I never have tried them any where else

Comment

I don't shoot recurves much anymore (now ASLs and hybrids) but have had several Widow MA's over the years along with another dozen or so recurves. No doubt about it, they can be tricky to get quiet, some more than others. But I can't remember ever having one that DIDN"T get quiet with good tuning and attention to shooting form. String type/strands/material, brace height, arrow spine, nock height, silencer type, silencer placement and a clean release all affect noise. I considered limbsavers on some of the 'tougher'' bows but always managed to tweak them enough with tuning to avoid adding them. Limbsavers are basically padded blocks of rubber weight intended to absorb limb/riser vibration. Nothing wrong with them, but if your bow needs them you may want to double check all the other tuning aspects first, as well as the bow's tiller (especially if you are shooting three under with a bow tiller for split) and limb straightness. Shooter's release is often an overlook contributor...pluck the string and you're almost guaranteed to make your bow louder.

BTW, I do recall that when I had considered adding them the type of limbsavers I looked at said exactly what Buff's instructions said...i.e., to place them closer to the tips for optimum results, rather than near the fadeouts. I suppose different types of limbsavers might have different best results, depending on the manufacturer.

BTW, if you haven't tried the "1/4 and 1/3" silencer placement theory (based on string harmonics) you may want to give it a shot. Using yarn puffs this placement has been very effective for me.
                            Last edited by Retsbew; 11-07-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X