To hunt or not to hunt - 35degrees w/ 20mph North Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To hunt or not to hunt - 35degrees w/ 20mph North Wind

Trying to decide if I want to head to ranch tomorrow. Anybody ever have any luck when the wind is howling? Ranch is in Eastland and have seen some
    Bucks following on does is the only reason why I’m considering.

Thoughts........

Heck yes. Any time to hunt is worth it to me.Bundle up.

Comment

Cant kill them from the couch or office chair. If you have the chance to go.....go.

Comment

Go for it! If the bucks are chasing it doesn’t matter how cold it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go!

Comment

Na, stay home by the fireplace just give me the keys to your place and I'll suffer in the cold for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
              Na, stay home by the fireplace just give me the keys to your place and I'll suffer in the cold for ya.
              I came here just to type this exact response. THIS shouldn't even be a question. Hunting is hunting. I go when I get the chance bc those chances are slim to none right now.

Comment

I live in Minnesota. What you are describing sounds warm!

Comment

Yeah, maybe in a sheltered area that you already know.

Comment

Had four bucks pinning down a doe in my yard just before dark here in Georgetown. Wind is screaming and I figured they should be bedded up, wrong!! Good luck to those braving the front!

Comment

They’ll be there next weekend still chasing does and the weather forecast is much better. Life is too short to be miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunt man!!! The moon will be rising around noon 30 tomorrow. The deer will be on their feet from 1030 to 2:00 more than likely. So, if you want to sleep in and get in the stand around 9 that's cool too. Main thing is make sure your in the stand mid day with enough snacks and battery on your phone to keep you interested.

Comment

Go for it.

Comment

Depends on how old you are. I just came home and I'm waiting till next weekend. But I'm retired so I can go whenever I want.

Comment

Was headed to Lowe's a bit ago. 20+ mph gusts and saw a buck running the side of the road. 50 yds in front of him was a doe. This was on the Loop here in Athens. When the rut is on who cares what the weather is doing. Bucks want some loving and they will push and move to get it! Get out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X