No license needed for hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if this has been posted on here or not. But, was talking to a Game Warden and he was saying they passed a new law that you do not need a hunting license to shoot a hog anymore. Anyone else heard this? Be good news for some of my Arkansas buds when they come to visit me.

The TPWD site still says a license is required to hunt them.

Comment

If you are hunting them you need a license. If you are dispatching nuisance animals then you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
        If you are dispatching nuisance animals then you do not.
        And you must be able to prove this is the case.

Comment

You must be a landowner or landowner agent and hunting hogs that are tearing up the land in order to be exempt from needing a license

Comment

checking with my GW friend now

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
              Don't know if this has been posted on here or not. But, was talking to a Game Warden and he was saying they passed a new law that you do not need a hunting license to shoot a hog anymore. Anyone else heard this? Be good news for some of my Arkansas buds when they come to visit me.
              I was ticketed for no archery stamp while sitting with someone else who was hog hunting with a bow. Really think its up to how the game warden is feeling that day.

Comment

The wording off the TPWD is that a hunting license is not required to hunt:

"Depredating feral hogs, if a landowner (resident or non-resident) or landowner's agent or lessee is taking feral hogs causing depredation on the landowner's land."

Now that's a bit of legalistic jargon, but best I can guess is it's ok on private land, not on state land.

Edit: skinny beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I was ticketed for no archery stamp while sitting with someone else who was hog hunting with a bow. Really think its up to how the game warden is feeling that day.
                  Were you in possession of a bow?

Comment

Buy a license. Period.

Comment

SMDH!! Every year the same thing. You need a license and there's no way TPWD is gonna quit making you have one. $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        You must be a landowner or landowner agent and hunting hogs that are tearing up the land in order to be exempt from needing a license

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Were you in possession of a bow?
                          No possession. I was sitting at camp drinking a beer at time of ticket writing. I had mentioned I sat in the blind with my ex that morning to help her get her first hog with a bow. (her purple and pink bow). I didn't even own a bow at the time. That was enough to warrent the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Buy a license. Period.
                            This.

However, if you are a landowner/rancher/farmer etc and you are just out feeding cows, shredding, building fence etc...doing regular stuff and you jump a hog and you get a shot at him, you can shoot it. Without a licence.

IF you are a hunter, out hunting....get a licence.

Comment

Get a license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X