No announcement yet.

Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This past weekend was pretty eventful. Had bucks responding to rattling and grunt calls. Had two bucks chase does across 581 on my way home last night so, keep your eyes peeled. One was a big 8 that I actually pulled over and took pictures of and the other was a nice 10.

I was able to get the job done yesterday morning at about 8:30. There was a 10 point about 400 yards out. I rattled trying to get his attention and a little 6 came out looking for the fight. About 10 minutes went by so I rattled again and had a 4.5 7pt come out. I hit the grunt and he started thrashing some bushes. He came to the fenceline so, I grunted again. He jumped the fence and came in on a bee line to my tree stand and gave me a 10 yard shot. He was down in 40 yards. Glad to break in the new Triax and to take a good cull buck out of the herd.

Best of luck to everyone as the rut should be in full swing this week.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanE17 View Post
      This past weekend was pretty eventful. Had bucks responding to rattling and grunt calls. Had two bucks chase does across 581 on my way home last night so, keep your eyes peeled. One was a big 8 that I actually pulled over and took pictures of and the other was a nice 10.

I was able to get the job done yesterday morning at about 8:30. There was a 10 point about 400 yards out. I rattled trying to get his attention and a little 6 came out looking for the fight. About 10 minutes went by so I rattled again and had a 4.5 7pt come out. I hit the grunt and he started thrashing some bushes. He came to the fenceline so, I grunted again. He jumped the fence and came in on a bee line to my tree stand and gave me a 10 yard shot. He was down in 40 yards. Glad to break in the new Triax and to take a good cull buck out of the herd.

Best of luck to everyone as the rut should be in full swing this week.

Nice, congrats!

I had a few small bucks visit my feeder this weekend. Nice 8, but too young. Then I had a group of about 25 pigs come in sat evening, so I picked out the most colorful one.
      Planning on another trip this Sunday-tues, depending on weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Y'all- Joining a little late here- I'm about 4 miles west of the golf course. In 5 years, we've seen one hog.
        Activity this weekend was pretty good - we only have a handful of shooters and a ton of scrub bucks that need to be culled if our land owner would let us. Our place needs some serious management, but our hands are tied.

Comment

I tagged out last weekend. Nice 9pt. The rut is on! Saw nicks and cuts on his neck from fighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Was with a group of hunters on one of my places right outside of town. Had a wounded piebald Bucks up against my fence. He was gut shot and obviously too small to meet antler restrictions . Called wardens and they came out. Was a good looking young buck. He was dead by the time they got there.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
              Was with a group of hunters on one of my places right outside of town. Had a wounded piebald Bucks up against my fence. He was gut shot and obviously too small to meet antler restrictions . Called wardens and they came out. Was a good looking young buck. He was dead by the time they got there.

Sucks to hear that...I remember hearing about them years ago never got to see them.

Comment

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                    I tagged out last weekend. Nice 9pt. The rut is on! Saw nicks and cuts on his neck from fighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Nice deer congrats!

Comment

Yalls lease towards adamsville?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

No. East of a lamp a mile. South of 580.

Comment

Here's the cull I was able to take on Sunday morning. Had pics of him for the past two years and there just hadn't been much improvement.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RyanE17 View Post
                            Here's the cull I was able to take on Sunday morning. Had pics of him for the past two years and there just hadn't been much improvement.

Congrats!

Comment

Thats a pretty deer. Congrats!

Comment

Nice cull, we have a 4 point similar to that we need to get as well. We are East of Lometa about 6 miles. So far the buck activity on our 1200 plus acres has been very sketchy. There are lots of acorns, so we are thinking it will be a better late season this year.
                                Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X