Fatal Shooting at Independence Racnh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    Doesn’t matter where it happened or what kind of place it was. If you do not follow the basic rules of gun safety it could happen to you. And could you imagine if it did? Something that you would carry to your grave in a very horrible way.

There are screw ups, but for this to have happened there was a multiple of gun safety violations. In the end two lives ruined.

Be careful folks
    Likely many of lives, if not ruined, forever transformed.
    I agree, the place has nothing to do with the accident. Lots of people are killed yearly in gun accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Likely many of lives, if not ruined, forever transformed.
      I agree, the place has nothing to do with the accident. Lots of people are killed yearly in gun accidents.
      Many lives. Correct. My point was guys want to pontificate the details of this ranch almost as if to say.... can’t happen to me I am too legit, but boy it sure can.

Comment

Correct on the gun safety violations, Anvil.

This tragedy doesn't happen, IF:

Gun is unloaded;
        Or, even if shell removed from chamber;
        Or, if gun placed on Safety;
        Or, if muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

Sad, indeed. Maybe, others can be reminded to use basic safety because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Correct on the gun safety violations, Anvil.

This tragedy doesn't happen, IF:

Gun is unloaded;
          Or, even if shell removed from chamber;
          Or, if gun placed on Safety;
          Or, if muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

Sad, indeed. Maybe, others can be reminded to use basic safety because of this.
          Don't trust the **** safety, unload the gun. I almost got shot in the back of the head by a rifle that was on safety. Gun powder from end of the muzzle burnt the back of my head, burnt some of my hair on the back of my head, the bullet went through the roof above my head.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            Don't trust the **** safety, unload the gun. I almost got shot in the back of the head by a rifle that was on safety. Gun powder from end of the muzzle burnt the back of my head, burnt some of my hair on the back of my head, the bullet went through the roof above my head.
            Of course, you're correct. But, based on the report, it doesn't appear that any of the things mentioned above was done, and -- while not 100 percent -- a working safety SHOULD prevent a gun from firing. Personally, I unload completely before going up or down to a stand with a rifle.

Comment

Working...
            X