Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on giving it to the girlfriend???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on giving it to the girlfriend???

Easy there!!! I need advice on giving her a ring so let's keep this thread from getting deleted!

Dapper has finally met his match! I've tried hard but can't seem to find a single flaw in this lovely woman! She is everything I've ever wanted and soooo much more! Selfless, loving, caring, compassionate, family oriented, low maintenance, smart, educated, career driven (mechanical engineer) and LOVES to hunt and fish with me! I've drug her out wade fishing for hours, on a deep sea trip after marlin (which she knew she'd get sea sick and still went), deer hunting multiple times which she has killed deer, hog hunting, duck hunting standing waist deep in water, and in layout blinds in Oklahoma killing her first mallard and Canada goose and all she can say is she's ready for the next adventure!

After almost two years together, and the last year of her hinting and my family telling me I'm an idiot for waiting this long, I've got the ring coming. Stone is being set in a band now and I'll be picking it up in the next week or two. I'm having 1 John 4:18 engraved on the band. For those that don't know the verse “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” This verse is very meaningful to me for a lot of reasons.

So our two year dating anniversary is coming up in May and her birthday is in July.

So, what say you TBH? Give this guy some ideas on a great proposal. I've got a few but would love to hear some other ideas! All ideas welcome. Well almost! Hahhaha. No engagement in large crowds like baseball games on a Jumbotron. She has made that one clear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the fad now is to do big production proposals but there is something to be said for the old fashioned down on one knee filled with heart and emotion appeal.

Just my .02

Comment

Well since duck season is over,, i guess its too late to slip it on the leg of a bird you retrieve for her.

Comment

Hey, you've got to show this unicorn off that you found!

It is important for engagement ideas as well!

Comment

Start off slow, they like that. Then just jackhammer that sweet........... oh wait I see I am off base here. Nice title

Being serious though for a second (difficult for me) women are very sentimental so if you can pinpoint the place or event that she fell in love with you and some how incorporate that into the proposal I think that would work good.
          Last edited by Ætheling; 03-08-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Congrats on finding that special lady.
            I dont really have much input on the actual proposal. My advice would be, however you propose, make it come from the heart. You are already 3/4's of the way there. She is on the hook and loves you already. In my opinion, I don't think any sort of special way to propose will make it any more meaningful than a one on one quiet moment with each other. But that's just me.

Congrats again hope it all works for you.

Comment

Don't. Best advice I can give you is don't. Run.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=J Sweet;12263750]Start off slow, they like that. Then just jackhammer that sweet........... oh wait I see I am off base here. Nice title

Dude you just made me laugh hard as heck in class. That was too funny[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Here's how I did it.

My girl and I were riding around in the back pasture pulling a fertilizer hopper applying some nitrogen to the wheat in late February. I had the ring in my pocket. I stopped the truck, said I had to ****, and eased back behind the hopper to water in some N. I got down on one knee after I zipped up and hollered at her to come back there as I'd found something cool. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

She got out of the truck, round the corner to the back of the spreader and there I was!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Romantic ain't it?

Celebrating 10 years this month.

Comment

I suggest a place that has meaning to the both of you and try to make it a random reason on why you need to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                      Here's how I did it.

My girl and I were riding around in the back pasture pulling a fertilizer hopper applying some nitrogen to the wheat in late February. I had the ring in my pocket. I stopped the truck, said I had to ****, and eased back behind the hopper to water in some N. I got down on one knee after I zipped up and hollered at her to come back there as I'd found something cool. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

She got out of the truck, round the corner to the back of the spreader and there I was!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Romantic ain't it?

Dang Shane, you took proposing to next level.

Comment

How about in Church in front of her family....

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          Here's how I did it.

Romantic ain't it?

Dude you are slicker than snot on a doorknob

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                            I know the fad now is to do big production proposals but there is something to be said for the old fashioned down on one knee filled with heart and emotion appeal.

Just my .02

Exactly my thought. Not looking for huge production

Comment

I bought one of those really nice wind up wooden music boxes and put her ring in there. I gave her the music box as a gift. When she opened it she was saying how much she loved it. Then she opened it to hear the song it played and saw the ring. So while the music was playing I got down and asked her to marry me.

Comment

Working...
                              X