Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson

The Trump and Hillary debate has been beaten to death. While I realize that a Johnson presidency is highly unlikely, what are your thoughts about his policies?
    Personally, I disagree on several of his points (i.e. Abortion) but I see him as a vastly better option than either Trump or Hillary.

Ross Perot needs to run again.

Anyone needs to run. Joking about Perot but I bet Ron Paul would get more votes in a fair election than Trillary

Comment

I hereby announce my candidacy for potus.
      Please send me as many $5000 campaign donations as you can and tell your rich friends to send 5,10 or 15 thousand dollars as well.
      I'm a gonna fix this mess.

Oh, and smoke em if you got em

Comment

No joke, if anyone could get their name on the ballot they would have a chance to win. Anyone not completely stupid crazy.

I think that proves how rigged this whole thing is.

Comment

With the two main party candidates, I'm surprised a third party candidate hasn't been able to capitalize. I'm not sure what Johnson is doing to get his message out, but I just don't hear much about him.

That said, I disagree with a few, but critical, parts of his policy. That includes abortion, legalization of pot and a dangerous easing of border security and reduced military budget. I'm ok with his "state's rights" position on certain things, but national defense is a (the) priority responsibility of the federal government.

I'd still like to see him in the debates, but I wish there was a viable third party candidate in an election ripe for a legitimate third party option.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

I like some of his stances, abortion, legalization of marijuana and reduction of military spending, and a relinquishment of federal to states rights are big plusses for me. His immigration and hesitation of engagement of military strikes rub me a lil raw but things I can get over. I really thought this was the election for a 3rd party candidate to make a viable run considering the other two options but we'll see. At least he's on the ballot, so many might see it and say "Well he's not Clinton or Trump" and pull the lever for him.

Comment

I agree with most of his platform. I'd like to see a better policy enacted to deal with illegals and their employers. I'd like to see some free loading (corporate and individual) done away with. I'd like to see the military budget and ridiculous foreign aid spending reigned in. I like Johnson and the Liberitarian party because they push personally responsibility and largely stick to the constitution. Not saying that Johnson is perfect by a long shot, but I favor him way over Hillary, and more than Trump a little more every day that Trump runs his mouth.

I'm glad to see a third party getting a shake, but too many people are stuck in their ruts this go round. Maybe in 4 years folks will be tired enough of whatever side pulls this one out and we'll have a truly viable third party. Keep voting the same way, keep getting the same results... I'm done with that.

Comment

Trump and Hillary are jokes. Johnson has my vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  I agree with most of his platform. I'd like to see a better policy enacted to deal with illegals and their employers. I'd like to see some free loading (corporate and individual) done away with. I'd like to see the military budget and ridiculous foreign aid spending reigned in. I like Johnson and the Liberitarian party because they push personally responsibility and largely stick to the constitution. Not saying that Johnson is perfect by a long shot, but I favor him way over Hillary, and more than Trump a little more every day that Trump runs his mouth.

I'm glad to see a third party getting a shake, but too many people are stuck in their ruts this go round. Maybe in 4 years folks will be tired enough of whatever side pulls this one out and we'll have a truly viable third party. Keep voting the same way, keep getting the same results... I'm done with that.
                  Your last line is spot on. I am very interested to see how things might get shaken up if he gets to 15% and is able to debate in front of millions of viewers. Currently he is polling 13% so he really doesn't have that far to go.

Comment

What kind of Libertarian would want the government to force a Jewish bakery owner to make a cake for a Nazi?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      What kind of Libertarian would want the government to force a Jewish bakery owner to make a cake for a Nazi?
                      Gary Johnson....if you want to call him a libertarian

Comment

I watched the Johnson / Weld town hall last night on CNN. They sounded darn reasonable compared to the knucklehead Trump.
                        If they can reach 15% they'll be on the stage at the debates which could really shake things up.

Comment

His religious freedom views are my biggest disagreements with him.

Comment

We are the UNITED STATES. Freedom if pushed too far leads to segregation. That's where I draw the line. If you wanna do business in this country you must serve the public... All of them...

But you are correct, those aren't libertarian views. True libertarians believe in freedoms even to the point of discrimination, I don't...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              I watched the Johnson / Weld town hall last night on CNN. They sounded darn reasonable compared to the knucklehead Trump.
                              If they can reach 15% they'll be on the stage at the debates which could really shake things up.

Would be great to see Johnson in the debates.

Comment

Working...
                              X