No announcement yet.

Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, please post the stats and reference to the "vast majority are unjustified" statement.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
      Do you have facts to back up this claim?
      Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Also, please post the stats and reference to the "vast majority are unjustified" statement.

I haven't flipped through national records. I guess I should've prefaced that statement with "IMO based on articles from, what I consider to be, reputable sources."

Such as :

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Like brown? You know..the guy it started around?
        The one that robbed a store, then tried to take a cops gun away from him and attack him?
        That guy?

No, not like Brown.

Meanwhile... 600% more blacks are killed by blacks ..yet..no protest there.
        Where's BLM protests in chicago?

BLM is protesting black on black violence as well.

BLM is racism under the disguise of a movement.
        Period.

I'm sad that you see it that way because it's simply not the case.

Any arguement otherwise isn't paying attention or even listening to the BLM'S own rhetoric.

I guess we can disagree. We all have different life experiences that shape our beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
          I haven't flipped through national records. I guess I should've prefaced that statement with "IMO based on articles from, what I consider to be, reputable sources."

Such as :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...ew-prosecuted/
          The Washington Post, Really??
          I looked at the link but did not read the entire thing. What I was looking for was numbers of whites shot by police vs number of blacks shot by police. I believe the FBI has those numbers. Why don't you look those up. Then, while you're at it, look at the numbers that are black on black. Those numbers are the ones that are off the chart, but with BLM and the media, you hear nothing but crickets!!!

Comment

Ok nowadays pretty much every shooting has a very high probability of being captured on someone's cell phone. The only ones that make the news are the black dudes getting shot. Ok the media is biased but what about the right wing media, they do exist you know, Fox News, talk radio the blogs why don't they put em up.

They don't so the logical assumption is they don't exist hence the conclusion that all questionable shootings involve black guys ONLY. Hence the outrage and the BLM moment.

Comment

Also, how do you feel about #bluelivesmatter ?

Disagree with your first reply. I suppose you could come up with a way to make every shooting unjustified somehow.

Somewhat agree with your 2nd point. The system isn't perfect but I still believe it's the best in the world.

Definitely agree with your last point.

As to the (insert your choice here) matter, I believe every life matters equally. No life matters more than any other.

What in your opinion has BLM accomplished? If they truly wanted to do something they should be assisting to prove what they supposedly believe in the system rather than semi violently ad sometimes violently protesting. That isn't helping their cause.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                The Washington Post, Really??
                I looked at the link but did not read the entire thing. What I was looking for was numbers of whites shot by police vs number of blacks shot by police. I believe the FBI has those numbers. Why don't you look those up.

I've seen those numbers. They do show that a disproportionately large percentage of blacks are shot by police compared to whites. But, that doesn't paint the whole picture, because historically blacks are responsible for more crimes, and therefore more likely to be involved in a police shooting.

Then, while you're at it, look at the numbers that are black on black. Those numbers are the ones that are off the chart, but with BLM and the media, you hear nothing but crickets!!!

The BLM movement absolutely addresses black on black violence. I've seen those numbers too. They are very high, and it is definitely a problem.
                I know you rolled your eyes at a Washington Post article, but the data I'm interested in finding is "unjustified police shootings". And, the article that I brought was one of the only few that had any sort of data that distinguished that. And, they did it by the shootings that the victims were shot in the back. I know that doesn't paint the whole picture either, but in general, shooting someone in the back is likely unjustified.

So look up the number of unjustified shootings against blacks, and while you're at it, look up how many of those officers were convicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Disagree with your first reply. I suppose you could come up with a way to make every shooting unjustified somehow.

I wouldn't try to do that. Only the legitimately unjustified.

Somewhat agree with your 2nd point. The system isn't perfect but I still believe it's the best in the world.

Agreed

Definitely agree with your last point.

As to the (insert your choice here) matter, I believe every life matters equally. No life matters more than any other.

I agree that every life matters equally, but IMO saying all lives matter is like a fire department responding to every house on the block, when only one is on fire.

What in your opinion has BLM accomplished? If they truly wanted to do something they should be assisting to prove what they supposedly believe in the system rather than semi violently ad sometimes violently protesting. That isn't helping their cause.

I support the ends of BLM, not necessarily the means. And unfortunately the violent/uneducated/disrespectful few will always get the media coverage.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Guys, I'm going to bow out of this conversation because I don't have the time to keep coming back to this all day.

Enjoyed the respectful debate.

Comment

no...serious question. i dont get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Well this is one of the reasons...

Comment

The Klan with a tan!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        The Klan with a tan!
                        Lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X