Kitchen Remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Remodel

So I had been looking at some options for remodeling the kitchen. Well last week I had a pipe start leaking.

Filed an insurance claim and now we on to a complete remodel.

Ripping everything out to the studs, replacing the electrical(House was built in 1970) and then putting back everything new.

This is what it used to look like.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is after the water leak. We had the hot water pipe(old galvanized pipe) get a pinhole leak.
      Attached Files

Comment

The only thing I ever hated about remodeling was that old insulation.....

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
          Yes the isulation goes everywhere

Comment

Wife wanted to take down wall paper in kitchen a few years ago and paint walls. No problem, couple of weekends and we're there.... Long story short... we ended up with nothing but studs showing, raising the ceiling, new floors, new cabinets, granite counter tops, and 10K of new appliances. But I will say the pain and time was worth it (I think) we really enjoy the new kitchen. Good luck with yours.

Comment

The water leak has been fixed and the whole kitchen has been rewired!

Comment

If you have everything torn out I would get rid of any galvanized pipe you have in there. If the house has a crawl space I'd replace everything above the floor, including the drain. Now is the time.

If it is a slab I'd just get rid of any galvanized pipe. Hopefully it's copper under the slab. You definitely don't want copper and galvanized connected directly together.

Comment

Ran a gas line for a new stove. Got everything tore out. All new electrical back to the meter. Took down a wall. Putting up sheetrock tonight!

Comment

Before Sheetrock.
                    Attached Files

Comment

took a little break yesterday from the remodel for a litle dove hunt.
                      Attached Files

Comment

all the sheetrock is hung, taped and floated. Currently sanding and then texture!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Worked on the bar today and textured the sheetrock.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Everything got painted today. time to pick out tile

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post

I agree, the only thing worse than fiberglass is that rock wool.....bad stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X