No announcement yet.

Double Barrel Winch up Feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build mine almost exactly the same way except I only use one barrel. I have had excellent results with it. I don't think I need two barrels and the one barrel will run for about two months feeding twice a day. Works for me. I don't see any feet on the legs of the feeder. I weld a flat piece of steel on the bottom of the legs and drill a large hole in it to drive re-bar through in order to stake it down rather than using the T-post as you are doing. My land is pretty sandy and if I don't have some type feet on it they will sink into the sand. Also on the bottom of the feeder itself I make three small leggs about two feet long with feet on them to keep the feeder from tipping over when I am putting in the feed. Also it keeps the spinner out of the dirt.
    Last edited by Cropduster; 01-03-2007, 10:53 PM.

Comment

now that is one hellava feeder LOL

Comment

LOL! This pic is definately worth a THOUSAND words!!!

Comment

that's the tallest tripod feeder I've ever seen!! did you put a flashing red light on it to warn aircraft of its location??

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
            that's the tallest tripod feeder I've ever seen!! did you put a flashing red light on it to warn aircraft of its location??
            Wow, you resurrected a thread that's almost 7 years old!

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
              That means he is reading and seeing how awesome TBH was back then. Of course he already knows that

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post

Guess what - Just put battery and corn in this thing last week for first time in couple years

Saw the title and was like - hey I made one of those before!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                  Guess what - Just put battery and corn in this thing last week for first time in couple years

Saw the title and was like - hey I made one of those before!
                  Haha, classic! It looks like you built the thing pretty solid. I would need to take out a small loan just to fill that thing.

Comment

Nice work

I love napkin sketched projects....

Comment

Needs a winch with brake otherwise u risk a runaway handle that will break a hand

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                        Needs a winch with brake otherwise u risk a runaway handle that will break a hand
                        Actually when it's empty and because of the multiple pulley system I can let it go and hold the cable and let it lower it with no problem. Been doing that several years.

Comment

Working...
                        X