74# Limbs are in the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

74# Limbs are in the mail

I was trolling around the Widow wall and found a set of 74# @ 28" limbs. They are autom oak so they might look a little funny on my Bocata rizer but I don't think the Hogs will mind.

i think i hear the elephants shivering in fear. what are you going to shot with that thing. and you should shot something with those 2 inch simmons tree sharks and post the photos of the damage. i bet that combination would be horrific.

Comment

Cape Buff?

Comment

cool. the animals are probably trembling now....

74# @ 28 would be ~83# @ 31". Well I might be able to get that back

Comment

WOW! I even feel sorry for your targets! Will you use this on the moose hunt?

Comment

Ouch Buff

Comment

Be careful with your shoulder shooting that weight. I shot higher poundages earlier and I'm paying for it now. I can't consistently draw a bow over 52# now.

Just be careful.

Doug Key

Comment

Yep Buff you may be asking for some serious neck and shoulder problems. I had a 70# bow after drawing a 60# for a year and my neck and shoulder popped and it did take me long to sale it. If you continue shooting that wt. do your self a favor and build the muscles on both sides of you body(arms & shoulders). Cause if one side is stonger than the other you can ask for soem serious pain.
                I use to weight train with heavy weights and after I dislocated my shoulder (Army Maneuver Accident) I went back to training and my left arm got stronger than the right and I was in constant mid back and neck pain. The osteopath told me that I might want to concentrate on strenghtthening my right shoulder and not get so strong with my left arm. MAke a long story short I rehab the right shoulder and bad back with a PT and now I just try to stay in shape with light weight training and jogging. The point being Buff the body is dynamic you can't do a repetitve motion with one arm and not to the other with out it pulling something loose and causing problems. My suspesion is that your neck might start hurting or has in the past. Take care of yourself.

Comment

You sir are a STUD! I am proud of myself for working up to 58# and I am no small guy. That ought to prove lethal on just about anything that crosses your path. Congrats on the find.

Comment

Guys, some good advice above for the normal guys. However, You fail to remember that Buff and Chunky are not mortals....

They are Trad Gods

Comment

My God man! 74 pounds? My shoulder hurts just thinking about it. your arrows spine out to Broom handle or what?

Comment

Originally posted by duck'n View Post
                        You sir are a STUD! I am proud of myself for working up to 58# and I am no small guy. That ought to prove lethal on just about anything that crosses your path. Congrats on the find.
                        took the words right outa my mouth and i am also happy at 58 pounds right now i dont think even as an adult ill get that high

Comment

In the late 1980s and early 1990s we all shot 70 to 80 pound bows, they had either 50% or 65% let off. I remember always shooting my 70-80 bow cranked all the way down when I went to Colorado elk hunting. It topped out at 84 pounds.
                          My brother-in-law went to an archery shop in Sunnyvale in 1985 when we took our bow hunter's education class. They had a used PSE bow for sale that the owners basically told us we wouldn't be able to draw. My B-in-L tried it first, but just missed breaking it over. He tried again, and got it broke over and to full draw. I tried it next and drew it to full draw. The owner then told us it was set at 110 pounds! I would not be able to shoot it more than 3 or 4 times, but I did draw it. I even pulled a friends bow LEFT HANDED that was set at 94 pounds. All this was when I was 20-25 years old and shooting hundreds of arrows per day. Could I do that today? NO WAY! Now days I shoot 65-70 pounds, and that's enough for me at 42 years old.

Now-days it's rare to see any bow with more than 70 pounds draw weight, and they have 80% let off. Todays bows shooting faster at 60 pounds than 80 pound bows with overdraws did 15-20 years ago.

Comment

I doubt if I could pick up a bow off the floor with 74 lb limbs on it.

What monster are you after now Buff?

Comment

Moose and Kudu maybe a Zebra for good measure. My plan is the same as I have been using for years. I will do most all of my pratice with lighter bows and hunt with the 74 when needed. I have been shooting my 70# Longbow for about 4 months and can pretty much hold it at full draw for a minute or so when I need to. I have been blessed with a strong back and a weak mind. BUT I will keep in mind your concerns.

Comment

Working...
                              X