Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guadalupe Evening

Just a few from the river this evening.

Beautiful, Rob! I think a visit is in order!

Todd

Comment

Great job on #3.

Comment

Very nice Rob!!

Comment

What a great action shot right there and nice shooting too!!!!!!! Love the pic! If you say ya hit it I sure as hell believe ya!!!!! Keep them awesome pics acoming!!!

Comment

Nice! #2 is my favorite, but it's a tough choice.

Comment

Rob

I like what I see so far.

For some reason, your pictures never completely load for me. Ever consider hosting them somewhere besides photobucket? Or maybe that's not the problem? Whatever the problem is, I consistently have trouble seeing your images here... just thought you might want to know...

As of now I can see #1 (very cool) and #4 (nice!).

Comment

Very nice, Rob. Flowing water makes for a great subject!

Mind sharing your settings/setup here? Some folks could probably learn a thing or two.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

My previous post I so did not mean to post that!!! My comp. is acting up so I tryed to paste in what I had wrote to you and it posted somethign totally different!! MY BAD! GREAT PICS!! LOVE THEM!

Comment

Thank you!

I will go to Flicker Leggy...ImageShack and Photobucket give me the fits too!

I leaned on old reliable "action mode" with the sun shot in pic three. Working with Mr. Sun adds a lot of variable with shots and I will hit one auto mode to find what the camera's processor thinks the shot needs. From there I have a baseline and try to beat it. I couldn't beat the camera but I slowed things down to 100 on the bottom pic to see if I could saturate more color and add more flow to the water..... had to move off the sun to do so. Sun and water shots are tough especially shooting into the sun.

No filters on any of these shots.

Pic one settings: 1/15 - f5.6 - 35mm - 100 iso - manual mode - no flash - hand hold

Pic two settings: 1/60 - f5.6 - 18mm - 100 iso - manual mode - no flash -hand hold

Pic three settings: 1/80 - f4.0 - 28mm - 400 iso - action mode - no flash - mono pod

Pic four settings: 1.3 - f32 - 75mm - 100 iso - aperture priority - no flash - tripod

One more pulling Mr. Sun out.

1/5 - f6.3 - 44mm - 100 iso - shutter priority - no flash - mono pod

Last edited by AtTheWall; 04-30-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

no don't go flicker then I can't see em.

Comment

That last picture is awesome!

Comment

#3 with the sun is a unique photo. I find myself instinctively looking away from the sun and am instantly drawn to admiring the waterfall. You broke the rule of thirds with a cool flair.
                          Without the sun is fine but seeing a photo with something so annoying and something so beautiful is pretty rare. I almost want to shield my eyes!
                          It just seems super real and I like it.

Comment

Gotta love that place!

Comment

Nice shots Rob. #4 in the series is my favorite although I'm with Shane on this one. Tough choices. I like the way the cypress frames the water fall.

Is that f3.2 on that shot?

Comment

Working...
                              X