X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need a Sweet Cole Slaw Recipe

I need some good cole slaw but without a vinegar taste. Thanks, ET

cole slaw

I get the bags of shredded cabbage and mix in equal parts of milk, miracle whip mayo and sugar. One bag needs about 1/2 a cup of each. Then add some really small pieces of apple. Stick it in the fridge for a while before you serve it. It makes a good cole slaw and its really easy.

Comment

Cold Slaw

1 head of cabbage (or two bags of slaw makings from store)
      1/4 cup butter milk
      1/16 cup vinegar ( .5oz)
      1 tblspn garlic salt
      1 cup mayo
      2 tblspn sugar

Shred cabbage or open bags. In large bowl, add mayo, garlic salt, sugar, vinegar and buttermilk, mix well. Add cabbage and fold to coat.

Comment

1 head cabbage shredded
        1 onion chopped
        1 green pepper chopped
        1 3 oz can pimentos
        1/2 cup bee's honey
        1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
        1/2 cup cooking oil
        2 tsp sugar
        2 tsp salt

Mix all the vegetables in a bowl. Combine everything else in a pot and bring to a boil. Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 days. This is old school, down-home cole-slaw. It will be worth the wait and goes great with any BBQ or smoke job. That is the basic original recipe. I usually add or subtract a vegetable everytime I make it depending on what I feel like. You will not regret!!!!

Comment

1 head of cabbage (shreaded)
          1/2 cup sugar
          1/2 cup mayonaise
          1 tablespoon celery seed
          1 small can chopped pimintos

Mix it all up, sprinkle paprika on top, and set in refridgerator to "develope."
          I'm like you, as far as I'm concerned, they could stop making vinegar and it wouldn't bother me.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X